Transfer Students - Graduate
Transfer graduate students are invited to complete an advanced degree through Pfeiffer University’s graduate programs, where advanced academic challenges are combined with real-world experience.
We make it a point to provide our graduate students with exceptional hands-on internships, individual instruction, and career preparation. Pfeiffer University allows nine (9) hours (three courses) of transferable credit with a grade of ‘B’ or better. (Speak to an advisor for details.)
Pfeiffer University uses a rolling admissions process and accepts applications up to the start date of a term. However, in order to make the process easier for you to enroll, register for classes and participate in the Online Orientation, it is highly recommend that you submit your application and all supporting documents and receive your admissions decision no later than one month in advance of the term’s start date in which you intend to enroll. This will allow you to enter the term with less anxiety and relieve the pressure regarding acquiring your books, receiving financial aid and becoming familiar with Blackboard, our virtual learning environment for online classes. The exception to this is our Master of Marriage and Family Therapy degree. This program has February 1 (summer term) and March 1 (fall term) application deadlines. Pfeiffer University’s application is free!
Application Deadline Exception:
Please visit the master's in marriage and family therapy program page for details on April 1 application deadline and specific application process.
How to Apply
1. Visit http://explore.pfeiffer.edu/applynow/inquiryform to apply.
2. Official Transcripts
Official transcripts from EACH school you have attended (regardless of how many courses you took at the school) are required and you must request them to be sent electronically to [email protected] or they can be mailed to:
Pfeiffer University - Charlotte
Graduate & Degree Completion Admissions Office
1515 Mockingbird Lane, Suite 100
Charlotte NC 28209
3. Three letters of recommendation – In your application, you must include three professional references providing their names, titles, email addresses and phone numbers. Your references will automatically receive an email from Pfeiffer after you submit your application. The email will ask your references to submit a letter of recommendation on your behalf. Your references will return their letter of recommendation directly to Pfeiffer University. This email will probably go to their spam or junk mail, please inform them of this.
- MBA only - Accounting I & II, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics and Business Statistics. Any deficiencies are to be taken within the first year of the program.
5. Graduate Admission Tests
- Satisfactory completion of one of the following tests is required; Miller Analogies Test (MAT), Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT), or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) except for our MHA, MHA/MBA, MHA/MSL, and MAPT programs, which do not require a test.
- Test Waiver Policy - These exams are waived for applicants with at least an undergraduate GPA of 2.8/4.0 and 5+ years of relevant work experience as documented with a professional resume, and/or a graduate degree from an accredited institution.
- GRE test is required for the MMFT program
6. Essays are required for MMFT, MAPT, MAT, and MSE
Graduate Degree Programs Offered
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Health Administration (MHA)
- Master of Science in Leadership (MSL)
- MBA/MHA Joint Degree
- MBA/MSL Joint Degree
- MHA/MSL Joint Degree
- Master of Science Financial Fraud Investigation (MSFFI)
- Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy (MMFT)
- Master of Practical Theology (MAPT)
- Master of Science Education (MSE)
- Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT)
- Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies (MS-PAS)
Graduate Tuition and Fees
Find detailed information for your unique situation by following the links below:
- Graduate Student Admissions
- International Graduate Students
- Graduate Students (Veterans of Military Service)
Charlotte Admissions Advisor
Interim Director of Graduate and Degree Completion Enrollment