The Benefits of Follett ACCESS Textbook Program
- Having required course materials makes it easier to be more successful in class.
- Receive all course materials through a stress-free procurement experience
- Easily access, manage and use digital course materials
- Minimize the time spent searching for deals on course materials
- Don’t worry about getting the wrong book or the wrong edition
How to Begin the Follett ACCESS Textbook Program
- Create an account through the Follett ACCESS Textbook Program account portal.
- Review your course materials to determine if they will be delivered in a digital format or as a physical book.
- Choose to remain in the Follett ACCESS Textbook Program OR opt-out.
- If you choose to opt-out you may choose to opt back in by the designated deadline for the term.
- Misenheimer students will pick up physical books at the Campus Store.
- Degree Completion students may pick up physical books at the Campus Store OR arrange direct delivery for an additional shipping fee.
- Digital formats of course materials will be available within Blackboard prior to the start of the semester.
How does Follett ACCESS Textbook Program work?
The Follett ACCESS Textbook Program takes the hassle out of course material buying because course material costs are covered as part of the tuition. This allows every enrolled student access to all required materials on day one. Once you have selected your courses, your course list will be sent to Pfeiffer University Campus Store. The campus store gets everything ready for you. All you need to do is pick up your required course materials at the campus store located in the Stokes Student Center starting January 8, 2024.
Students can verify the format of their materials on the Pfeiffer Campus Store Apparel, Merchandise, & Gifts (bkstr.com). If the text says New, Used, or Rental, the book will be physical; if the text says Digital, the book will be accessible in Blackboard. Physical course materials will be available at the campus store located in the Stokes Student Center starting January 8, 2024.
The cost of materials will vary per course but you will not pay out of pocket for your required course materials, as costs are covered in your tuition.
Yes! Most students save an average of 62% or more over printed books.
Degree Completion students are able pick up course materials at the campus store in Misenheimer or have course materials shipped directly to their residence. A fee for standard shipping rates will be charged to your order.
Traditional residential and commuting Misenheimer students should pick up their course materials at the campus store located in the Stokes Student Center.
To have physical materials shipped to a students preferred address:
Shipping and Handling:Pfeiffer University (bkstr.com)
Yes, you may choose to entirely opt out of the Follett ACCESS Textbook Program for all courses through https://accessportal.follett.com/2264 by January 17, 2024.
Digital textbooks will be available for the semester when your Pfeiffer University Blackboard course opens up. You will also receive an email to your Pfeiffer University email from BryteWave with instructions on how to access those materials.
If your course requires courseware/homework solutions (formerly access codes), login into Blackboard and follow your instructors’ instructions. No code is needed but you do need to use your campus email address to access the material.
If the text says New, Used, or Rental, the book will be physical.
You can pick up your physical material from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Langley Lounge in the Stokes Student Center on January 8, 2024 .
Just like tuition and fees, when students drop a course prior to the drop/add date, the course materials fee will be credited back to the student’s account.
Students dropping courses using digital books will not need to take any further action. Once the class is dropped from their schedule, access to the digital material will be automatically removed from Blackboard.
Physical materials should be returned in reusable condition. Failure to return materials will result in extra fees for the non-return. Physical materials need to be returned by May 8, 2024.
Students at other campuses who have participated in a similar program love the convenience and ease of accessing their course materials…and being ready for classes on day one!
Only materials identified by your professor or campus as “required” are included as part of the program. All “recommended” materials will be available for purchase at the campus store and www.pfeiffer.edu/textbooks.
All rented books must be returned to the bookstore by May 8, 2024. You will receive reminder emails with return deadline details.
After the term is complete, rented textbooks must be returned to the campus store. However, you can choose to keep the book by paying an additional fee at the campus store checkout.