GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at

Veteran and Military - Graduate

Explore your options through Pfeiffer University's graduate degree programs.

We invite graduate students with military experience to pursue an advanced degree through Pfeiffer University’s graduate degree programs, where advanced academic challenges are coupled with real-world experience. We make it a point to provide our graduate students with exceptional hands-on internships, individual instruction, and career preparation. Students with experience in the Reserves, National Guard or other Armed Forces may be eligible for certain college credit.

Rolling Admissions

Pfeiffer University uses a rolling admissions system but recommends that students submit their applications for admission no later than one month in advance of the desired entrance term. There is no application fee.

How to Apply

Our simple applications process takes only minutes to complete.

  1. Check the specific requirements of the graduate degree program to see if you have completed all prerequisite courses. (See below.)
  2. Begin the online application process by clicking here: Apply Online. Complete the application form and you will be directed to a personal landing page to complete the following additional requirements.
  3. Submit your official transcripts from all undergraduate colleges attended.
  4. Depending on the program, submit your graduate admissions test scores. The Graduate Record Examination (GRE), Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) and Miller Analogies Test (MAT) are all acceptable.
  5. Submit a current professional resume.  A combination of past academic achievement and related work experience may qualify applicants for a waiver of the testing requirement. 
  6. Submit the required letters of recommendation.
  7. Check the specific requirements of the degree program to determine if you need to submit any additional materials to be considered for admission. (See below.)

Application Requirements by Graduate Degree Program

Pfeiffer University offers the following graduate degree programs:

(Note that some of the programs have extra requirements for admissions.)

Master of Business Administration (MBA)

Master of Health Administration (MHA)

Master of Science in Leadership (MSL)

MHA/MBA Joint Degree

MBA/MSL Joint Degree 

MHA/MSL Joint Degree

Master of Science Financial Fraud Investigation (MSFFI)

Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy (MMFT)

Master of Practical Theology (MAPT) 

Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT)

Master of Science in Education (MSE)

Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies (MSPAS)


VA Benefit Programs & Eligibility  

Generally, veterans have 10 years from the date they were last released from active duty to use their educational benefits, with exception of the Post 9/11 GI Bill®, which allows 15 years. Spouses generally have 10 years from the date they are found eligible. Children of veterans are generally eligible from age 18 until age 26.

The following are brief descriptions of VA benefits. Check with a veterans’ benefits counselor or read more at as these descriptions do not cover all of the details.

  • Chapter 30: Montgomery GI Bill® Duty Educational Assistance (MGIB)
    Up to 36 months of benefits, payable for 10 years after release from active duty service, paid monthly through direct deposit. Eligibility: Entered active duty after June 30, 1985.
  • Chapter 33: Post 9/11 GI Bill®
    Comprehensive education benefits for those who have served active duty since September 11, 2001. This usually covers tuition, fees, and books, and includes a stipend. Check into the Transfer of Entitlement component of this benefit if you wish to transfer your benefits to a spouse or child.
  • Chapter 35: Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance Program (DEA)
    Up to 45 months of education and training opportunities available to dependents of permanently disabled veterans.
  • Chapter 1606: Montgomery GI Bill® Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR)
    Monthly benefits available to members of the Selective Reserve program.
  • Chapter 1607:Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP)
    Education benefits are available to reservists that have been called to active duty in response to a declaration of war or national emergency, available to reservists activated after September 11, 2001.

The Department of Veteran Affairs administers these benefits programs. If you need additional assistance, please call the VA's toll-free number 1-800-442-4551 to speak with a veterans’ benefits counselor. These counselors are there to help you with your educational questions and benefits.

To inquire about your benefits, please visit the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs Educational Service homepage.

Government Links You May Find Helpful

U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs
U.S. Department of Defense
Department of Defense Voluntary Education
U.S. Department of Education - Federal Student Aid

Graduate Tuition and Fees

Click here for current tuition and fees. Contact an admissions advisor about financial aid and scholarship opportunities

Find detailed information for your unique situation by following the links below:

VA Certifying Official for Graduate & Degree Completion

Kim Smith
(800) 338-2060
(704) 463-3061
[email protected]

Graduate Admissions Advisor

For more information about our graduate programs call (704) 521-9116 or email [email protected].