Center for Deacon Education
Grow your faith. Serve your community.
In partnership with Wesley Theological Seminary, the Center for Deacon Education provides deacon education and ordination in the United Methodist faith.
In the United Methodist Church, the Order of Deacon leads the congregation in its servant ministry and equips and supports all baptized Christians in their ministry alongside the Order of Elder (ministry of word, sacrament and order).
Courses are designed specifically to prepare persons for ministry as deacons. Complete over 32 semester hours (SH), fulfilling the requirements for the Advanced Course of Study in the United Methodist Church.
Since 2006, Pfeiffer and Wesley have helped more than 100 UMC students prepare for deacon ordination. Click here to learn more.
View a video celebrating the 20th Anniversary of the Order of Deacon.
- BI 201 Survey of Old Testament – Fall 2016, Mondays 6-9 pm beginning Aug 15th
- PW 205 Christian Worship – Fall 2016 – weekend format – Fri/Sat – Sept 9/10, Oct 14/15, and Nov.18/19
- CM 251 UM Polity (Jan Intensive) Spring 2017*
- ST 202 Systematic Theology Spring 2017, Thursdays 6-9 - Jan 12 - Apr 27, 2017
- BI 202 Survey of New Testament Spring 2017, Mondays 6-9 pm Jan 9-May 1, 2017
- CM 2015 Globalization and Mission in the Contemporary World Summer 2017
- BI 201 Survey of Old Testament – online – Fall 2017
- CH 201 Introduction to Church History – Fall 2017
- ST 462 – UM History and Doctrine ( Hybrid/Intensive) – Jan 2018
- ST 202 Systematic Theology Spring 2018
- BI 202 Survey of New Testament online -Spring 2018
- CM 270 – Evangelism in the Contemporary Church and World – Summer 2018
* - Jan. 2, 2-6 p.m.; Jan. 3-6, 9:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. daily
Rev. Kathleen Kilbourne
Director, Center for Deacon Education
Rev. Wm. D. Aldridge, Jr.
Director of Admissions
Wesley Theological Seminary