- Undergraduate Programs
- Graduate Programs
- Degree Completion Programs
- Academic Centers
- Academic Departments
- Partnership Program
Office of the Registrar
The Registrar’s Office supports the academic initiative of the university by serving as the official custodian of student records, implementing academic policies and reporting enrollment and other data to authorized persons and agencies in compliance with the Family Educational Rights Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974. It is the office’s mission to provide students, faculty, staff, the general public and government agencies with student record and course information services upon request.
The following is a list of the services provided by the Registrar’s Office:
- Issuing of official transcripts and diplomas
- Recording of grades and grade changes as reported by the faculty
- Assisting students with registration and add/drops
- Processing student withdrawals from courses
- Processing student withdrawals from the University
- Producing and reporting academic standing reports (honors or probation)
- Posting and publishing the class schedule
- Certifying Veterans Administration
- Evaluating transfer credit
- Serving as a resource concerning academic policies
- Processing of graduation applications (through degree audits) and awarding of degrees completed
- Reporting enrollment and degree verifications
- Certifying NCAA eligibility
Current and former students may order transcripts by completing the request online at https://tsorder.studentclearinghouse.org/school/select. The cost is $10.25 per request. (For additional help ordering a transcript, visit the National Student Clearinghouse help page here.)
Verifications of enrollment and degree verifications may be requested by completing the request online at https://secure.studentclearinghouse.org/vslandingui/mosiac-landing-page. (For additional help verifying enrollment or a degree, visit the National Student Clearinghouse help page here.)
If you require additional assistance please contact Assistant Registrar, Kim Smith. kim.s[email protected]
2022 December Pfeiffer University Commencement
December 16, 2022 at 2:00pm
Garfield David Merner Center for Health and Physical Education
Pfeiffer University will host an in-person Commencement Exercise on its Misenheimer campus.
CAP and GOWN ORDERS: Deadline is NOVEMBER 1ST to place orders for this ceremony.
The site you to order your cap and gown along with options for announcements, rings, diploma frames, and certificates of appreciation for those that have supported you through your studies is www.herffjones.com.
Under the Graduation tab select Cap and Gown, shop now, and enter Pfeiffer University and select the name of the school, then each category is there for you to select. You must go to Cap &Gowns, Enter Pfeiffer University again and select the University name and you will be able to select pick up cap & gown at the Bookstore at $0.00 or ship cap & gown to home. Select your degree and then select the Menu you want to enter and order. Enter your name area of study, height, and weight and add to cart and check out.
|Class Rings, Yearbooks & More for Graduation | Herff Jones ULTIMATE CHECKLIST FOR YOUR SENIOR YEAR. Being a high school senior is a crazy time of life — so many things are often happening within a family, from after school activities, planning for what’s to come after high school, as well as celebrating throughout the year with school traditions like homecoming, prom & more. www.herffjones.com|
Specific Information for Graduates:
- All financial obligations to the University must be paid prior to graduation. Please see a staff member in the Business Office immediately if you have any questions about your account.
- Registration is required for all graduates here by no later than November 18th.
- Graduates ONLY should arrive to the Chapel by 12:45pm.
- A private company will be taking pictures on stage during the ceremony.
- Come dressed in your academic regalia (cap/gown).
- Dress in business attire with comfortable shoes.
- Honor cords will be presented at time of check-in. (Undergraduate degree candidates only)
In accordance with existing campus policies and in an effort to maintain the health and safety of our visitors and campus community:
- There will not be tickets dispersed.
- The seating area for guests opens at 9:30am.
- Seating is first come, first served, but there should be ample seating for all who choose to attend the ceremony.
- Any accommodations for special needs, including parking, should be communicated via [email protected] by December 1st.
- Guests may park in any campus lots indicated on this Campus Map.
- The ceremony will be livestreamed here and on the Pfeiffer YouTube channel.
Continue to check www.pfeiffer.edu/registrar periodically for up-to-date information.
Please direct all other inquiries to [email protected].
You can access and download the May 2022 Commencement photos at the following two links:
May 2022 Commencement Program: https://www.pfeiffer.edu/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/Pfeiffer_University_May_2022_Commencement_Program.pdf
How do I verify my student’s enrollment for my insurance company?
You may request verification through the National Student Clearinghouse at https://secure.studentclearinghouse.org/vslandingui/mosiac-landing-page or contact our office at (704) 463-3061.
My son or daughter would like to take summer courses close to home. How do I know they will be accepted by Pfeiffer University?
Your student will need to complete the Transient Credit Form, which can be found on my.Pfeiffer and in the Registrar’s Office. Your student will need to fill it out and take it to the Registrar’s Office for approval.
* Your student will only get transient credit if they pass the course with a “C” or better.
What is the difference between dropping and withdrawing from a course?
Dropping a course leaves no record on the student’s academic transcript, while withdrawing is always accompanied by a withdrawal grade such as W, WP or WF.
Dropping from a course does not create a receivable on the student’s account, meaning that a student who drops or is administratively dropped from a course owes nothing for that course. On the other hand, a student who withdraws from a course (or courses), pays at least a prorated amount for that course, depending on when the withdrawal occurs.
Based on our current drop policy, students have up to the 6th day of class during the regular term, (1st day in the summer) to drop out of an unwanted course or switch it for another.
Where can I find information about commencement?
Commencement information can be found on this page under Commencement. Also, emails will be sent to your student’s Pfeiffer email account.
My student applied for graduation. When will they know if they have been approved for graduation?
After the Registrar’s Office evaluates a student for graduation clearance, the office emails the student and their advisor a Degree Audit Result Form. This form will let the student know which courses if any, they still need to graduate.
*These emails are only sent to the student’s Pfeiffer University email address.
Pfeiffer University complies with the provisions of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974, as amended. This act, as it applies to higher learning, ensures that students have access to certain records that pertain to them and that unauthorized persons do not have access to such records. A copy of the act and the university’s policy regarding Student Educational Records and Information is available upon request at the Office of the Dean of Student Development.