- Undergraduate Programs
- Graduate Programs
- Degree Completion Programs
- Professional Certificates
- Academic Centers
- Academic Departments
- Partnership Program
Office of the Registrar
The Registrar’s Office supports the academic initiative of the university by serving as the official custodian of student records, implementing academic policies and reporting enrollment and other data to authorized persons and agencies in compliance with the Family Educational Rights Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974. It is the office’s mission to provide students, faculty, staff, the general public and government agencies with student record and course information services upon request.
The following is a list of the services provided by the Registrar’s Office:
- Issuing of official transcripts and diplomas
- Recording of grades and grade changes as reported by the faculty
- Assisting students with registration and add/drops
- Processing student withdrawals from courses
- Processing student withdrawals from the University
- Producing and reporting academic standing reports (honors or probation)
- Posting and publishing the class schedule
- Certifying Veterans Administration
- Evaluating transfer credit
- Serving as a resource concerning academic policies
- Processing of graduation applications (through degree audits) and awarding of degrees completed
- Reporting enrollment and degree verifications
- Certifying NCAA eligibility
Current and former students may order transcripts by completing the request online at https://tsorder.studentclearinghouse.org/school/select. The cost is $10.25 per request. (For additional help ordering a transcript, visit the National Student Clearinghouse help page here.)
Verifications of enrollment and degree verifications may be requested by completing the request online at https://secure.studentclearinghouse.org/vslandingui/mosiac-landing-page. (For additional help verifying enrollment or a degree, visit the National Student Clearinghouse help page here.)
If you require additional assistance please contact Assistant Registrar, Kim Smith. [email protected]
2022 May Pfeiffer University Commencement
Saturday, May 14, 2022, at 10:30am
Garfield David Merner Center for Health and Physical Education
Pfeiffer University will host an in-person Commencement Exercise on its Misenheimer campus for December 2021 and May 2022 Undergraduate students (Misenheimer, Charlotte and Online) and Graduate students (Misenheimer, Charlotte, Albemarle, Raleigh and Online).
The Misenheimer campus is located at
48380 US Hwy 52 North
Misenheimer, NC 28109
Specific Information for Graduates:
- Registration is required for all graduates here by no later than April 15th.
- Caps and gowns are available through Herff Jones. https://collegegrad.herffjones.com/
When you visit the website, select Pfeiffer University WITHOUT Misenheimer beside the name. Then select which program you are graduating. The basic package is all that is required. The package that contains the STOLE is optional.
- Graduates ONLY should arrive to the Chapel by 9:30am.
- A private company will be taking pictures on stage during the ceremony.
- Come dressed in your academic regalia (cap/gown).
- Honor cords will be presented at time of check-in. (undergraduate degree candidates)
- Dress in business attire with comfortable shoes
In accordance with existing campus policies and in an effort to maintain the health and safety of our visitors and campus community:
- Attendance is limited to 6 guests per graduate (there will not be tickets dispersed)
- The seating area for guests opens at 9:30am.
- Seating is first come, first served, but there should be ample seating for all who choose to attend the ceremony.
- Any accommodations for special needs, including parking, should be communicated via [email protected] by April 15th.
- Guests may park in any campus lots indicated on this Campus Map.
- The ceremony will be livestreamed here and on the Pfeiffer YouTube channel.
- Undergraduates Graduating with Honor Designations will receive Honor Cords at check-in at the Chapel the morning of the ceremony.
- All financial obligations to the University must be paid prior to graduation. Please see a staff member in the Business Office immediately if you have any questions about your account.
Photos from Graduation
After the ceremony:
GradImages: You will receive an e-mail when your photos are ready to view and order or check www.gradimages.com.
You can access and download the May 2022 Commencement photos at the following two links:
May 2022 Commencement Program:
2022 December Pfeiffer University Commencement
December 16, 2022 at 2:00pm
Garfield David Merner Center for Health and Physical Education
More details to come!!! Mark your calendars!
Continue to check www.pfeiffer.edu/registrar periodically for up-to-date information.
Please direct all other inquiries to [email protected].
How do I verify my student’s enrollment for my insurance company?
You may request verification through the National Student Clearinghouse at https://secure.studentclearinghouse.org/vslandingui/mosiac-landing-page or contact our office at (704) 463-3061.
My son or daughter would like to take summer courses close to home. How do I know they will be accepted by Pfeiffer University?
Your student will need to complete the Transient Credit Form, which can be found on my.Pfeiffer and in the Registrar’s Office. Your student will need to fill it out and take it to the Registrar’s Office for approval.
* Your student will only get transient credit if they pass the course with a “C” or better.
What is the difference between dropping and withdrawing from a course?
Dropping a course leaves no record on the student’s academic transcript, while withdrawing is always accompanied by a withdrawal grade such as W, WP or WF.
Dropping from a course does not create a receivable on the student’s account, meaning that a student who drops or is administratively dropped from a course owes nothing for that course. On the other hand, a student who withdraws from a course (or courses), pays at least a prorated amount for that course, depending on when the withdrawal occurs.
Based on our current drop policy, students have up to the 6th day of class during the regular term, (1st day in the summer) to drop out of an unwanted course or switch it for another.
Where can I find information about commencement?
Commencement information can be found on this page under Commencement. Also, emails will be sent to your student’s Pfeiffer email account.
My student applied for graduation. When will they know if they have been approved for graduation?
After the Registrar’s Office evaluates a student for graduation clearance, the office emails the student and their advisor a Degree Audit Result Form. This form will let the student know which courses if any, they still need to graduate.
*These emails are only sent to the student’s Pfeiffer University email address.
Pfeiffer University complies with the provisions of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974, as amended. This act, as it applies to higher learning, ensures that students have access to certain records that pertain to them and that unauthorized persons do not have access to such records. A copy of the act and the university’s policy regarding Student Educational Records and Information is available upon request at the Office of the Dean of Student Development.