Degree Completion Admissions
It's the right time to achieve your goals and complete your degree.
Our degree completion programs deliver the respected degree and experience you need, quickly and conveniently. We understand the demands you may be juggling as a working adult, so we've developed programs that fit various schedules and budgets. Online classes are available in all degree completion programs to accommodate your busy schedule. Additionally, take advantage of our internships, which deliver valuable workplace experience.
How to Apply
- Apply online or click here to access a printable application. Mail print applications to:
Office of Admissions
4701 Park Road
Charlotte, N.C. 28209
- Submit the Application for Admission.
- Copies of official transcripts from all colleges/universities you have attended will be required.
- If you have applied for financial aid, your financial aid transcript must also be submitted to the Office of Financial Aid at Pfeiffer University.
Degree Completion Tuition and Fees
We want to help make your studies at Pfeiffer affordable and accessible. Follow these links for more information about:
Prior Learning Credits
We recognize that you may have educational or practical knowledge that should count towards your degree. The following are ways that you may get credit for previous educational experience and/or knowledge in a subject:
Students may earn college credit for acceptable scores on the College Level Examination Program (CLEP) and the DANTES Subject Standardized Test (DSST). These tests are administered through our testing center at 4701 Park Road, Charlotte, N.C. 28209.
Call (704) 945-7320 for more information or to schedule a testing date. Fees are listed below:
- Testing fee to Educational Testing Services is $80.00.
- Registration fee to Pfeiffer University is $20.00.
- Credit by Special Examination (Undergraduate)
Any student enrolled in the university who receives departmental approval is eligible to receive credit by special examination (challenge exams) for specific Pfeiffer University courses. Competence gained through study and/or experience may provide background for students who wish to attempt such examinations. Students seeking credit by examination should, on forms provided by their advisors, request approval. No student will be allowed to repeat a special examination in a given course within one year.
- Military/Service Credits
Students with experience in the Reserves, National Guard or other Armed Forces may be eligible for certain college credit.
- Portfolio Assessment
At Pfeiffer we recognize that as an adult, you have gained personal and professional development outside the traditional academic classroom. Our portfolio assessment provides an opportunity to translate these experiences into college credit in various areas of learning. Up to thirty hours of credit may be awarded and applied to the elective hour requirements in the Degree Completion Program through the portfolio process.
Transferring Credits/Prior Learning Credits
Please go to our Assessment and Testing page to get more information about prior learning credits, portfolio assessments, CLEP testing and other options to gain credit.
Need to know which courses you've taken previously that will transfer? Click on the program link below to find specific information for your major:
- Business Management and Leadership (BMAL)
- Business Management and Leadership (AAS)
- Criminal Justice (CRIM)
- Criminal Justice (AAS)
- Health Administration (HA)
- Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- UGETC to General Education
Access the student handbook here for more details about prior learning credits.
Scholarships for Adult Learners
The Adult Learner Scholarship is open to mature students newly enrolling in the Center for Professional Advancement undergraduate degree program.
- Scholarship is for $1000. Only new students with full fall or spring acceptance to the Adult Studies Program.
- Applicants submit one page, double-spaced paper describing your desire to enroll in the Center for Professional Advancement.
- Click here for the application.
Finish your degree! Follow these links to learn more about our degree completion opportunities:
- Degree completion programs for transfer students
- Degree completion programs for veterans and active duty military
- Degree completion programs for international students
Degree Completion Programs Admissions Advisor
Have Questions? Just ask!