Undergraduate Transfer Students
With previous college experience, you know what you’re looking for when it comes to a learning environment where you will thrive.
From flexible programs and valuable practical opportunities to small classes and mentoring from subject experts, you’ll find that learning environment at Pfeiffer. We welcome:
Transfer students are those who have completed high school and attended another regionally accredited institution of higher learning. Transfer applicants should be eligible for readmission to, or should have graduated from, the last college attended.
Transfer students are often pleasantly surprised at how welcoming the Pfeiffer University community is. You are much more than a number here; we delight in helping each student find his or her greatest potential in an inspiring educational setting.
Transfer students are encouraged to request advance evaluations of their transcripts to determine which courses will be accepted for transfer to Pfeiffer University and how credit will be applied toward either the general education requirements, the major program or electives.
Readmission applicants are students who have withdrawn from Pfeiffer University and wish to return. Welcome back!
Non-degree students are those who wish to take courses without seeking a degree from Pfeiffer University. Engage in exceptional opportunities to learn from subject experts and your fellow students. Here at Pfeiffer, we give every student — traditional or nontraditional — our full attention.
Pfeiffer University uses a rolling admissions system but recommends that students submit their applications for admission by May 1 to ensure space availability. The deadline for applications to be reviewed for honors awards is Jan. 8. The application fee is $50.
Transferring Credits/Prior Learning Credits
We recognize that you may have credits that can transfer or may be able to test out of certain classes. Please go to our Assessment and Testing page to get more information about prior learning credits, portfolio assessments, CLEP testing and other options to gain or transfer credits.
Need to know the courses you've taken previously that will transfer? Click on the program link below to find specific information for your major:
- Business Management and Leadership (BMAL)
- Business Management and Leadership (AAS)
- Criminal Justice (CRIM)
- Criminal Justice (AAS)
- Health Administration (HA)
- Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- UGETC to General Education
How to Apply
If you are a transfer student:
- Submit a completed application form with a $50.00 (non-refundable) application fee.
- Have an official transcript from each college attended sent directly to the Office of Admissions.
- Applicants with fewer than 24 semester hours of transferable work should also submit an official high school transcript and SAT or ACT scores.
If you wish to apply for readmission:
- Submit a completed application with a $50.00 (non-refundable) application fee.
- If you have attended other schools since leaving Pfeiffer, have official transcripts from each college attended sent to the Office of Admissions.
If you are a non-degree student: Simply submit a completed application with a $50.00 (non-refundable) application fee.
Complete this articulation agreement as you prepare to transfer.
General Instructions on How to Apply
Pfeiffer University welcomes both online and paper applications.
Begin the online application process by clicking here: Apply Online.
- Complete the application form.
- Pay the (nonrefundable) application fee of $50. (You can pay with MasterCard, Visa or by mailing a check or money order with your application.)
- Have your high school counselor send your official high school transcript. (A General Education Development certificate is also acceptable.)
- Use the following links to send your Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) or American College Testing (ACT) scores to the Office of Admissions.
While online applications are encouraged, you can obtain a paper application by:
- Downloading and printing an application
- Calling Pfeiffer at (800) 228-1360 or (704) 463-3060
- Emailing Pfeiffer
- Writing to Pfeiffer at:
The Office of Admissions and Financial Aid
P.O. Box 960
Misenheimer, N.C. 28109
Submit paper applications to the address listed above.
Undergraduate Tuition and Fees
We want to help make your studies at Pfeiffer affordable and accessible. Follow these links for more information about:
Transfer Student Day
Would you like more information about how easy it is to transfer to Pfeiffer University? Want to visit campus? Come out to Transfer Student Day!
Transfer Student Day is a great way to learn more about Pfeiffer University as you explore the next step in your educational path. Members of the Office of Admission, Financial Aid, faculty and staff will be available to answer questions and guide you through the enrollment process.
Before the event, we recommend you do the following:
- Apply online (Application Fee Waived).
- Submit official transcripts for all colleges/universities previously attended.
- Complete the FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov (Pfeiffer University code 002955).
We look forward to meeting you!
Have questions? Just ask!