Graduate/Degree Completion Academic Success Center
Need online resources?
Whether a student in the Degree Completion or a Graduate program at Pfeiffer, the Graduate/Degree Completion Academic Success Center has resources available to support your success. Students can benefit from the online resources that are accessible no matter what time of day and where you are located. For more information about any of these resources listed, contact email@example.com.
Academic Advising and Success Coaching
Our team of experienced academic advisors and coaches provide guidance for course selection, registration assistance, and connections to university offices or transitions to faculty advisors on select programs. Academic coaches work closely with conditionally admitted students in an Academic Success Virtual Workshop to monitor their progress and promote future success.
New Student Orientation
New Student Orientations are provided to new Degree Completion and Graduate students. These self-paced online programs acclimate new students to Pfeiffer University’s history, academic policies, degree requirements, and resources for academic success. A quick start checklist is also included.
The Charlotte Academic Success Center offers three categories of academic support for students to conveniently access after workdays and on weekends. These include:
1. WriteSmart Help for Research and Writing Assignments
Students can access:
- A premium online Grammarly account to check grammar and avoid plagiarism in papers.
- One-on-one assistance from a WriteSmart Coach on organizing essays or APA formatting. Students can schedule an appointment on campus, submit papers for review via email, or meet virtually.
2. StudySmart with Online Personal Tutoring
- One-on-one tutoring for courses is AVAILABLE 24/7 from certified tutors from Upswing.
- Students can schedule a personal appointment with Academic Success coaches to discuss time management, test taking or study strategies in person, by phone, or online.
3. LiveSmart and Counseling Support
- Working full time and pursuing a degree can be stressful. Students feeling overwhelmed or struggling with family issues can obtain professional counseling from one of the two Pfeiffer clinics operated by the Marriage and Family Therapy program. No problem is too small. To schedule a personal appointment, call (704) 945-7324 for Charlotte or (919) 941-2900 for Raleigh.
Special learning accommodations or learning aids are available to help students with a documented disability in seated or online courses. Section 504: Pfeiffer University does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants who are handicapped. This policy is in keeping with Section 504, The Rehabilitation Act of 1973 as amended.
Dr. Joanne R. Zukowski