Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Take charge. Inspire positive change. Become a leader.
Effective managers skillfully direct and manage financial resources, data-informed decision making, organizational change, and human resource optimization to achieve key business outcomes.
While you earn your Pfeiffer MBA, you will engage in real-time applied research - designed to effect change within your organization concurrent with your studies - with an emphasis on ethics and corporate sustainability in business practice. Lectures, small-group study, and case study analysis will hone your business acumen and situation awareness to optimize your managerial effectiveness.
This degree program requires 36 semester hours. If you are interested in pursuing a joint degree, follow the links provided below to learn more:
- MBA 701 Organizational Communications
- MSL 702 Organizational Behavior
- MBA 703 Quantitative Decision Making*
- MBA 704 Managerial Accounting**
- MBA 705 Economics for Leadership***
- MBA 706 Managerial Finance
- MBA 707 Marketing Management
- MBA 740 Legal and Ethical Environment of Business
- MBA 799 Strategic Management and Leadership
Students may take 3 different elective courses or choose one of the concentration tracks.
Optional concentrations require MBA core courses plus the following concentration requirements:
Human Resources Management (9 SH)
- MSL 730 Human Resources Management
- MSL 735 International Human Resource Management
- MSL 731 Human Resources Development
- MSL 720 Managing a Diverse Workplace
International Studies (9 SH)
- MBA 730 International Business
- MBA 794 Comparative International Business Law
- MBA 776 MBA International Experience
- MSL 735 International Human Resources Management
Leadership (9 SH)
- MSL 710 Effective Leadership
- MSL 740 Negotiation and Conflict Resolution
- MSL 750 Organizational Change Management
Students without these prerequisites may be admitted on a provisional basis and must complete requirements within one year.
**Accounting I & II
***Microeconomics and Macroeconomics or equivalent
For descriptions of courses, visit the academic catalog.
Earn your bachelor’s and master’s degree in five years. Motivated undergraduate students should consider our 3/2 program.
- A completed Pfeiffer University graduate application for admission.
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university with a satisfactory grade point average
- Satisfactory undergraduate prerequisite requirements
- Official transcripts from all colleges or universities previously attended
- Three letters of recommendation
- Graduate Entrance Assessment (GRE, GMAT or Miller Analogies Test preferred).
- Test requirement is waived for applicants already possessing an earned a graduate degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- The requirement is waived for applicants with an undergraduate GPA of 2.8 or greater who document 5-7 years of professional work experience.
Pfeiffer University has a maximum time to completion of a degree as seven (7) years from the time of initial enrollment except for the Master of Marriage and Family Therapy, which is five (5) years.
It is expected that students who enter the MBA program have a working knowledge of commonly used computer programs involving word processing, database, and spreadsheet software. It is also recommended that each student have an individual email address and be familiar with Internet practices.
Tuition & Fees
Accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
Managers play a vital role in a company’s profitability and viability. An MBA is one of the most flexible and versatile degrees, opening doors to a variety of employment opportunities. From CEO to management positions in just about any field, an MBA prepares you for leadership positions in business.
Ready to get started? Apply now.
Graduate and Degree Completion Enrollment
Have questions? Just ask!