Francis Scholar Program
The Francis Scholar program recognizes sophomores, juniors, and seniors who have shown an aptitude for servant leadership and faith formation. Francis Scholars commit to completing 40 volunteer hours per semester and receive a $500 scholarship for each semester they participate. Please review the specific requirements of the Francis Scholar Program listed below.
For Service Scholars the general program requirements are as follows:
- All applications are due no later than Friday, July 23.
- Students must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher to be accepted into the program.
- Francis Scholars must complete no less than 40 service hours per semester in faith-related and/or service activities. They may earn their required service hours by participating in on-campus, off-campus, and independently chosen projects throughout the semester upon the University Chaplain’s approval.
- Francis Scholars will have a service and/or faith formation focus area each semester.
- Francis Scholars must maintain a 3.0 GPA to continue enrollment in the program.
- Francis Scholars must attend no less than two Francis Center events outside their focus area as part of their total hours per semester.
There are three specific events that Francis Scholars must attend. Attendance at these three events is mandatory and supersedes all other activities including athletics, university clubs, and events.
- All Francis Scholars must attend a fall and spring semester orientation.
- All Francis Scholars must attend a fall and spring semester welcome dinner.
- All Francis Scholars must participate every year in the Martin Luther King Day of Service, which takes place in mid-January.
Please complete the application below: