Visit Pfeiffer

Master of Science in Financial Fraud Investigations – Concentrations

Required Core:

·         MBA 701              Organizational Communication
·         FFI 701                  Internal Controls & Corporate Governance
·         FFI 702                  Fraud & the Law
·         MBA 703              Quantitative Decision Making
·         FFI 706                  Legal Elements of Fraud & Litigation Support
·         FFI 708                  Introduction to Computer Forensics
·         FFI 735                  Advanced Topics in Fraud Examinations
Computer Forensics/Cybercrime Concentration
·         FFI 712                  Information Security Assurance I
·         FFI 714                  Information Security Assurance II
·         FFI 717                  Advanced Issues in Cybercrime
Law Enforcement Concentration
·         FFI 720                  Advanced Topics in Criminal Investigations
·         FFI 717                  Advanced Issues in Cybercrime
·         FFI 725                  Contemporary Issues in Forensic Accounting Theory
Security Specialists Concentration
·         FFI 712                  Information Security Assurance I
·         FFI 722                  Advanced Topics in Corporate Investigations
·         FFI 725                  Contemporary Issues in Forensic Accounting Theory
Civil Litigation Concentration
·         FFI 727                  Business and Asset Valuation
·         FFI 730                  Advanced Topics in Civil Litigation
·         FFI 725                  Contemporary Issues in Forensic Accounting Theory

Master of Science in Financial Fraud Investigations - Curriculum

Master of Science in Financial Fraud Investigations

·         MBA 701              Organizational Communication
·         FFI 701                  Internal Controls & Corporate Governance
·         FFI 702                  Fraud & the Law
·         MBA 703              Quantitative Decision Making
·         FFI 706                  Legal Elements of Fraud & Litigation Support
·         FFI 708                  Introduction to Computer Forensics
·         FFI 735                  Advanced Topics in Fraud Examinations
** Each student will take three elective courses from the fraud curriculum. Students may choose a concentration OR a combination of any three elective courses.

The Stanly County Concert Band to perform free concert

IMG 4816.jpg aThe Stanly County Concert Band will present a concert on Thursday, October 23rd, 7:30 pm at the Stanly County Agri-Civic Center.  Offered to the public free of charge, this concert will feature a wide variety of musical styles.

First published in 1929, Americans We is one of our greatest patriotic marches.  Henry Fillmore says that he dedicated it “to all of us”.  He was probably the most colorful bandmaster of his time. Which spanned 50 years.  During that time he wrote more band music – much of it under assumed names – than any other composer/bandmaster in history.  His family owned a publishing business and his experience in that company afforded him many opportunities as a composer of hymns, popular overtures, fox-trots, waltzes, and his personal specialty – trombone novelty pieces!


Pfeiffer hires Emily Carella as director of undergraduate admissions

Emily CarellaVice President for Enrollment Management David Boisvert has announced the hiring of Emily Carella to the position of director of undergraduate admissions. Pfeiffer interviewed candidates from all over the Eastern seaboard before selecting Carella, who has 12 years of admissions experience.

“I am ecstatic in having Emily lead our efforts at the undergraduate level in Misenheimer,” said Boisvert. “Her calming effect on staff and her diligence in wanting to learn more about how we can stand above our competitive schools is refreshing.”


Working with the Communications and Creative Team at Pfeiffer University

Who We Are

Pfeiffer University’s professional communications and creative team provides internal departments at all Pfeiffer campuses with in-house communications and design resources. An integrated team of professionals from Advancement Services (including Communications), supported by Pfeiffer’s brand marketing task force, provides expertise in brand management, consulting, digital/electronic communication, editorial services, graphic design, institutional social media administration, media relations, publications standards support, website management and related services for the purpose of creating awareness for and encouraging enrollment at Pfeiffer University.

What We Do

The communications and creative team manages Pfeiffer’s brand to assure a consistent visual and editorial identity in accordance with Pfeiffer University Graphic Identity Guidelines (2014) to create awareness and prompt action across a wide spectrum of external audiences. The team is responsible for executing objectives of Pfeiffer’s overall mission and strategic plan that are related to marketing and communications, including supporting enrollment efforts for undergraduate, graduate, degree completion and non-degree programs as well as fundraising and other executive/institutional programs and projects.

How We Do It

The communications and creative team (“the team”) partners with Pfeiffer’s academic and administrative departments (“internal clients”) on strategic and project levels to determine marketing and communications needs. Depending on the need, the team’s representatives work with internal clients to determine the scope and depth and appropriate budget for a given inquiry/project and provide guidance in regard to its alignment with the university’s overall strategic goals. (Examples include but are not limited to logo use, brochures, catalogs, electronic/traditional newsletters, invitations, direct mail, postcards, advertising assets, posters/banners/signage, stationery, folder, flyers, PDF documents, PowerPoint templates, social media campaigns and website projects and updates.)

All external print, electronic or online projects that represent any aspect of Pfeiffer to the public must be approved by the communications and creative team and brand marketing task force. Graphic standards are applied carefully by the team to assure professional standards and compliance with Pfeiffer’s brand identity.

All projects (and their elements) introduced by internal clients to the communications and creative team are to be supported by the internal client’s budget. Costs for contracted services such as photography/videography, printing and postage determined to be necessary are the responsibility of the internal client (with exceptions depending on overall need and use). The communications and creative team works only with approved vendors to assure high-quality outcomes and is responsible for hiring vendors and managing projects through the design and production process, providing the vendors with project specifications and guidance in regard to schedules to meet deadlines.


How to Request Creative Support

Internal clients designate one person from their department to serve as a primary contact for a given project. This representative will submit requisitions, copy and graphic elements and approve/sign off on all proofs throughout the editorial, design and production stages of the project as well as take responsibility for invoices/accounts payable at the project’s conclusion. To maximize resources and the efficiency of communication and creative services, please follow this process:

Print Collateral

  1. Complete an online Request for Creative Services form. The steps on the form guide internal clients through the process of identifying audiences, project goals and budget. The communications and creative team will respond within 24 hours to set up an initial meeting where objectives, deadlines and budget will be discussed.
  1. After the initial meeting, the communications and creative team will develop a production schedule to be shared with the primary contact. Note: Most print projects that include writing/editing, design, printing and distribution require 4-8 weeks from start to finish, depending upon the team’s current workload. Please plan accordingly.
  1. Editorial content MUST BE COMPLETE AND APPROVED before the graphic design process begins. Copy should be submitted in a single MS Word document (without formatting of any kind) to the director of communications.

a.) Two rounds of revisions for editorial content and two rounds of revisions for design are worked in to the production schedule. For copy submitted by internal clients rather than drafted by the communications and creative team, the team serves as editor to assure that messaging is aligned with Pfeiffer branding guidelines and presentation is of high quality. Additional rounds of revisions may result in delays/missed deadlines.

  1. ) Photos (original or purchased stock high-resolution/300 dpi) files should be burned to a disk or submitted via to the team; all photos should be labeled or captioned so that they are identifiable without having to open multiple files.
  2. ) Fact checking and final proofreading are the responsibility of the internal client.
  1. The communications and content team will solicit print estimates from approved vendors upon finalization of project specifications. Written confirmation of print estimates will be submitted to internal clients for approval. If estimates exceed the allocated budget, the team will work with internal client to explore ways to modify the scope of the project to align with available funds.
  1. After content is approved and the design process begins, the only acceptable content changes are correcting factual, grammar or punctuation errors. Content changes at this point will cause delays to the production schedule and delivery date.
    1. During the approval process for content and design, internal client feedback should be consolidated and be submitted by one source. To ensure responsiveness, feedback/comments should be clear and actionable. For example, a note to “change photo” is not actionable. But “change photo to one of students working in the lab” is actionable and will result in no delay to the schedule. Non-actionable feedback will either be disregarded or cause a delay to the project’s delivery date.
    2. Missed feedback deadlines delay a delivery date one day for every day missed. (Note: If new projects are added to the same internal client’s queue, the delivery date will depend on status of existing projects.)
    3. The communications and creative team acknowledges that sometimes a rush job is unavoidable. During the initial meeting, options and probable additional budget for these situations will be discussed.

Website Communications and Social Media Promotion

The communications and creative team relies on Pfeiffer’s academic and administrative departments to remain abreast of events, news, student/faculty achievements and other relevant information for the purpose of assuring fresh website and social media content.

  1. For an internal client’s event (awards ceremony, student activity, cultural credit opportunity, concert, theater production, faculty speech/book publication, honor society events and similar) to be featured on the website and/or shared via Pfeiffer’s primary social media accounts, the communications and creative team must have record of this information at least two weeks prior to the event (with occasional exceptions for unscheduled, last-minute opportunities)—and must be accompanied by a photo or related graphic image either before the event or immediately (same day) afterward. Requests forwarded to the team after the fact will not be posted.
  1. To make a request of this nature:
    1. Complete on online Request for Creative Services from. Indicate a request for digital promotion and whether or not the request requires graphic design.
    2. One round of review in regard to graphics for this purpose will be shared via email with the internal client prior to the posting of the announcement.
    3. Posts will appear on the agreed upon dates.

Note: Fundraising events follow the approval process set by the Office of Advancement prior to requesting creative services. Related materials will be created and distributed only with final approval from the director of development to ensure compliance with the university’s solicitation policy.

Trademarks and Licensing

The communications and creative team regulates the commercial use of Pfeiffer University’s name and all identifying marks, on and off campus, to protect Pfeiffer’s reputation and maintain high standards of use. University departments, student organizations and student groups that purchase merchandise bearing university symbols, logos and marks (e.g., lapel pins, backpacks, mugs, clothing, merchandise for special occasions and related items) must seek the team’s approval before placing an order. Only campus departments and student organizations that are officially recognized by or are part of the university are permitted to use Pfeiffer logos, symbols and trademarks in conjunction with their name. Items bearing Pfeiffer logos and other identifying images may be ordered upon approval by the communications and creative team. Vendors will be approved.