Lead with confidence. Inspire your team. Direct positive change.
Pfeiffer’s joint degree MHA/MBA program incorporates an efficient combination of the most significant components of the master of business administration and master of health administration programs. The course of study culminates with neither a separate MHA or a separate MBA; rather, the joint degree MHA/MBA is an intensive single degree program.
This program is intended primarily for clinicians and healthcare managers whose career paths require advanced competencies in both quantitative and qualitative aspects of management. The program is of significant benefit to persons who have worked in healthcare for at least five years. Individual arrangements may be developed for persons with less tenure in the health sector.
A highlight of the program is an optional eight-to-ten day international study where students travel in Europe, the United Kingdom or Canada under the supervision of Pfeiffer faculty.
With classes offered at our convenient Charlotte and Raleigh-Durham campuses as well as entirely online, this program is ideal for working professionals.
To earn a MHA/MBA joint degree, you must complete 54 semester hours (SH).
Curriculum (54 SH)
- MBA 701 Organizational Communications
- MSL 702 Organizational Behavior
- MBA 703 Quantitative Decision Making***
- MBA 704 Managerial Accounting*
- MBA 705 Economics for Leadership
- MBA 706 Managerial Finance
- MHA 710 Contemporary Health Services Organizations and Systems
- MHA 715 Legal and Ethical Perspectives in Healthcare Administration
- MHA 725 Leadership Perspectives in Health Policy
- MHA 730 Health Economics**
- MHA 735 Health Services Information Management
- MHA 737 Health Services Marketing
- MHA 740 Health Services Financial Management
- MHA 776 Comparative International Health, or
- MHA 777 Comparative International Health Study
- MHA 790 Practicum in Health Administration, or
- MHA 795 Applied Research in Health Administration
- MHA 799 Strategic Health Services Management
- MSL Elective
- MSL Elective
For descriptions of courses, visit the academic catalog.
Admission is granted to MHA/MBA applicants who satisfy ALL of the criteria stated below:
- An earned baccalaureate degree with a satisfactory grade point average (GPA) from an accredited college or university
- Three letters of recommendation
- Satisfaction of undergraduate prerequisite requirements
- Satisfactory completion of either (1) the miller Analogies Test (MAT), (2) Graduate management Admissions Test (GMAT), (3) Graduate record examination (GRE) or of another standardized graduate admissions test. This requirement if waived for applicants who have earned a previous graduate degree from an accredited institution. The graduate entrance assessment requirement must be satisfied prior to beginning graduate studies.
Students have until the end of the first year of graduate study to satisfy the undergraduate requirements. All other admission requirements must be satisfied prior to beginning graduate level courses. All credits used toward the completion of the degree must be no older than seven (7) years at the time of graduation.
Tuition & Fees
Are you interested in a leadership position in health care, public administration, education or public safety? How about public policy? Pfeiffer’s MBA/MHA dual degree program prepares you for any of these positions, opening your future to a wide range of possibilities.
Ready to get started? Apply now.
Graduate and Degree Completion Enrollment
Have questions? Just ask!