Lead with confidence. Inspire your team. Direct positive change.
Based on the notion that healthcare is more than “just another business,” Pfeiffer University’s joint Master of Health Administration(MHA) and Master of Business Administration (MBA) program delivers an original and functional integration of coursework and experiences that prepares students for effective leadership in today’s complex, competitive and rapidly changing healthcare arena–in the U.S. and abroad.
The joint MHA/MBA program is completed in 30 - 36 months. With a focus on practical applications from both business and health services, the curriculum provides students with the knowledge and tools to advance their careers in a wide range of healthcare settings.
The program, while most appropriate for clinicians and administrative healthcare professionals with at least five years of experience in the field, is suitable for those newer to healthcare.
With classes offered entirely online this program is ideal for working professionals.
A joint master’s degree in health and business administration requires 60 semester hours over a span of 30-36 months.
With a focus on practical applications from both business and health services, the curriculum provides students with the knowledge and tools to advance their careers in a wide range of healthcare settings.
MHA Requirements (36 SH)
- MHA 700 Contemporary Health Administration
- MHA 710 Contemporary Health Services Organizations and Systems
- MHA 715 Legal and Ethical Perspectives in Healthcare Administration
- MHA 725 Leadership Perspectives in Health Policy
- MHA 730 Health Economics
- MHA 735 Health Services Information Management
- MHA 740 Health Services Financial Management
- MHA 760 Health Administration Research Methods and Analytics
- MHA 776 Comparative International Health
- MHA 777 Comparative International Health Study
- MHA 780 Research Applications in Health Administration
- MHA 799 Strategic Health Services Management
One MSL or MHA Elective (Suggested MSL courses: MSL 730, 740, 750)
All credits used toward the completion of the degree must be no older than seven (7) years at the time of graduation.
MBA Requirements (24 SH)
- MBA 701 Organizational Communications
- MSL 702 Organizational Behavior
- MBA 703 Quantitative Decision Making
- MBA 704 Managerial Accounting
- MBA 705 Economics for Leadership
- MBA 706 Managerial Finance
- MSL 710 Effective Leadership
- One (1) Leadership Course*
*Recommended Leadership Courses
- MSL 730 Human Resource Management
- MSL 740 Negotiations and Conflict Resolution
- MSL 750 Organizational Change Management
For descriptions of courses, visit the academic catalog.
Admission is granted to MHA/MBA applicants who satisfy ALL of the criteria stated below:
- An earned baccalaureate degree with a satisfactory grade point average (GPA) from an accredited college or university
- Three letters of recommendation
Pfeiffer University has a maximum time to completion of a degree as seven (7) years from the time of initial enrollment except for the Master of Marriage and Family Therapy, which is five (5) years.
Tuition & Fees
Are you interested in a leadership position in health care, public administration, education or public safety? How about public policy? Pfeiffer’s MBA/MHA dual degree program prepares you for any of these positions, opening your future to a wide range of possibilities.
Ready to get started? Apply now.
Graduate and Degree Completion Enrollment
Have questions? Just ask!