Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
Are you interested in inspiring student athletes to assume leadership roles and maintain a good reputation on campus?
The student-athlete advisory committee (SAAC) is composed of student athletes who do exactly that.
- Engage in community service projects
- Participate in the division-wide fundraising Make-A-Wish Campaign
- Build a sense of community within each athletic team
- Develop student athlete leaders
- Offer input on the rules, regulations and policies that affect student athletes' lives on NCAA member institution campuses
- To serve as a liaison between the student athlete population and the Pfeiffer University Administration as well as that of the Athletics Department
- To provide an opportunity for the student-athlete population to communicate more formally and more effectively with these administrative bodies with regard to the needs and concerns of the student athletes, especially in the areas of academics and personal well-being
- To encourage more active involvement by the student athletes in campus and community projects
- To encourage unity, common purpose and camaraderie between teams and among all student athletes at Pfeiffer University
Pfeiffer’s SAAC membership is made up of at least one student athlete from each of the university’s 20 varsity intercollegiate athletics teams. Member responsibilities include:
- Attend all committee meetings and activities
- Represent the team's views at committee meetings
- Report on committee meetings to the team and coach
- Organize team members to help with any special projects
- Actively assist the committee in achieving its goals
- Host fun events like Mr. and Miss Pfeiffer University pageant
SAAC holds several events throughout the year to raise funds for the Make-A-Wish Foundation. SAAC works with a number of local organizations to plan community service activities.
Past events include:
- Dry Night
- Coin Wars
- Talent Competitions
- Beautification Projects
SAAC sponsors the Falcon Cup, an annual competitive event among Pfeiffer's athletic teams that encourages participation in campus activities and rewards academic and athletic excellence among all campus athletes.
Past Falcon Cup Champions
2014-2015: Women’s Softball
2012-2013: Women’s Lacrosse
2011-2012: Women’s Lacrosse
2010-2011: Women's Lacrosse
Support Our Athletes
Get involved and show your support for our student athletes.