Grow into a leader who ignites healthy change.
Gain the leadership and interpersonal skills to direct and develop human resources, including conflict resolution, group dynamics and diversity management through Pfeiffer’s joint degree master of health administration and master of science in leadership (MHA/MSL) program.
The degree program is carefully designed to encompass all sectors of healthcare, including:
- Ambulatory care
- Mental health
- Public health
- Practice management
- Government policy
- Long term care
- Managed care
Through a combination of lecture, small group study, and case study review, classes help you identify and solve managerial problems in real business contexts.
Program highlights include international study opportunities in Europe, Africa or Canada.
With classes offered online, this program is ideal for working professionals.
A joint master’s degree in health administration and leadership requires 57 semester hours over a typical span of 30-36 months.
MHA Curriculum (36 SH)
MHA/MSL students must satisfactorily complete a 12-course core health administration curriculum:
- MHA 700 Organizational Communication and Behavior in Health Service Org
- MHA 710 Contemporary Health Administration
- MHA 715 Legal and Ethical Perspectives in Healthcare Administration
- MHA 725 Leadership Perspectives in Health Services Policy
- MHA 730 Health Economics
- MHA 735 Health Services Information Management
- MHA 740 Health Services Financial Management
- MHA 760 Health Administration Research Methods and Analytics
- MHA 770 Health Services Marketing
- MHA 776 Comparative International Health
- MHA 777 Comparative International Health Study
- MHA 780 Research Applications in Health Administration
- MHA 799 Strategic Health Services Management
All credits used toward the completion of the degree must be no older than seven (7) years at the time of graduation.
MSL Curriculum (21 SH)
MHA/MSL joint students must satisfactorily complete a 7-course core leadership curriculum:
- MSL 702 Organizational Behavior
- MSL 710 Effective Leadership
- MSL 712 Ethical Behavior and Employment Law
- MSL 715 Critical Thinking for Continuous Improvement
- MSL 720 Managing a Diverse Workforce
- MSL 740 Negotiations and Conflict Resolution
- MSL 750 Organizational Change Management
- MSL 751 Strategies for Building High-Performance Teams
For descriptions of courses, visit the academic catalog.
- A completed Pfeiffer University graduate application for admission
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university with a satisfactory grade point average
- Official transcripts from all colleges or universities previously attended
- Three letters of recommendation
Pfeiffer University has a maximum time to completion of a degree as seven (7) years from the time of initial enrollment except for the Master of Marriage and Family Therapy, which is five (5) years.
Tuition & Fees
Are you interested in a leadership position in health care, public administration, education or public safety? How about public policy? Pfeiffer’s MHA/MSL degree prepares you for any of these positions, opening your future to a wide range of possibilities.
Ready to get started? Apply now.
Graduate and Degree Completion Enrollment
Have questions? Just ask!