Faculty/Staff New Hire Checklist
Welcome to Pfeiffer University! To prepare for your first day of work, please review this new hire page for important forms, benefit information and instructions for your first day.
or faxed to (704) 463-3012.
- Your signed offer letter or contract
- Background Check Confidential Information/Disclosure Release Form
The following forms need to be completed and brought with you to new hire orientation:
- Personnel Data Sheet
- I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification form with original documents from the List of Acceptable Documents. You cannot begin work until you have completed form I-9 and presented your original, valid forms of documentation establishing Identity and Employment Authorization.
- Federal Tax Withholding Form W-4
- State Tax Withholding Form NC-4
- Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate NC-4EZ
- Direct Deposit Form with a blank, voided check
- Identification Card Authorization
- 2013-2014 Vehicle Registration
- Conflict of Interest
- External Employment
- An original version of your Social Security Card (please, no photocopies). Pfeiffer will need to verify your Social Security Number to complete the IRS W-2 form at the end of the year.
- Title IX-Sexual Harassment Policy
- Title IX-Acknowledgement Receipt-Review Title IX and complete last page.
Benefits-If your offer letter states that you are benefit-eligible, the effective date of your benefits will begin on the first day of the month following your hire date. Please review the Summary of Employee Benefits and complete as much of the following documents as possible. If there are forms you are unable to complete, we will discuss at your New Hire Orientation.
- Vision Information
- Life Information
- Accident Information
- Cancer Information
- Assurant Voluntary Application
We are so glad that you have chosen to be a part of the Pfeiffer family. For more information, contact:
Human Resources Policies and Handboooks
Click on any of the menu items for more information on Human Resources Policies and Handbooks.
Welcome to Human Resources
Pfeiffer University's Human Resources Department provides support to the University in the administration of employee benefits, and recruiting of faculty and staff. Employees are encouraged to call or stop by with any questions they may have. Individuals interested in employment opportunities should visit the Job Opportunities page for current job listings, and instructions on how to apply.
Inclement Weather Instructions and Definitions
All closings/delays will be posted on the Pfeiffer University website: www.pfeiffer.edu.
Misenheimer:(704) 463-1360- Opt. 3 Charlotte:(704) 521-9116â€“Opt. 3 Triangle:(919) 941-2920 (Opt. 1, then Opt. 8)
Pfeiffer University closings or delays are determined separate from Stanly, Rowan, Mecklenburg, Cabarrus or Durham County school systems. Please do not assume that the decision made for those counties will apply to Pfeiffer University.
Definition of â€œUNIVERSITY CLOSEDâ€: Students, faculty, administrators, and staff are not expected to attend classes or report to work. If you are in a position where an exception to this policy may be required, you will be notified individually.
Definition of â€œDELAYâ€: (Misenheimer Campus)
- 2-Hour Delay â€“ Classes with starting times prior to 10 a.m. are canceled. Classes that start at 10 a.m. and thereafter will be on a regular schedule (For 2-hour delay on Wednesday, please be advised that Chapel will be held at 10 a.m.).
- 3-Hour Delay â€“ Classes with starting times before 11 a.m. are canceled. Classes that start at 11 a.m. and thereafter will be on a regular schedule.
- 4-Hour Delay - Classes that have starting times before noon are canceled. Classes starting at noon and thereafter will be on a regular schedule.
Definition of â€œAFTERNOON CLASSES CANCELEDâ€: Classes with starting times between noon and 5 p.m. are canceled.
Definition of â€œEVENING CLASSES CANCELEDâ€: Classes with starting times of 5 p.m. or later are canceled.
The following TV and radio stations are contacted to announce inclement weather closing information. (Please note: Visiting the stations' websites will be more efficient than waiting for scrolling information on a television screen.)
- WBTV/Channel 3 â€“ Charlotte (www.wbtv.com)
- WCNC-TV/Channel 6 â€“ Charlotte (www.wcnc.com)
- WSOC-TV/Channel 9 â€“ Charlotte (www.wsoctv.com)
- NEWS 14 Carolina/Channel 14 (www.news14charlotte.com)
- WSPC 1010-AM -Albemarle (www.1010wspc.com)
- WPEG 98-FM - Charlotte (www.power98fm.com)
- WFAE 90.7 (local NPR station) - Charlotte (www.wfae.org)
- WBT Radio 1110-AM - Charlotte (www.wbt.com)
- WRAL-TV/Channel 5/Fox 50/Mix 101.5-FM - Raleigh (www.wral.com)
- WFMY-TV/Channel 2 - Greensboro (www.digtriad.com)
Welcome to the University Forms section! Here, you will find all forms that you will need as a Pfeiffer employee. Select any of the forms from the menu on the left-hand side of the page.
For more information, contact:
|Business Office Forms||Human Resources Forms||Payroll Forms|
Fax: (704) 463-1363
|Kathy C. Odell, SPHR
Director of Human Resources
Fax: (704) 463-3012
Payroll Manager/Financial Associate to VP of Finance
Fax: (704) 463-3012
Volunteer Leave Policy - Servant Leadership
Pfeiffer University encourages community involvement by providing all full-time employees 6 days per calendar year (may be used in hourly increments), for volunteering their time to local schools, non-profit organizations, community services and other approved organizations, including faith-based opportunities.
Time allotted for part-time employees will be based on schedule worked. Anyone hired during the calendar year will receive volunteer time pro-rated at ½ day per month.
Before committing to an outside organization, you must obtain your supervisor's advance approval for the time in question. Lead-time of one week is required; more would be appreciated, especially in the case of multiple days absent for the same activity. Please use the Volunteer Leave Tracking Form. One copy of this form should be submitted Human Resources, and another to the Francis Center upon completion of the volunteer activity.
Time taken would be recorded on the monthly Record of Attendance, and accumulated over the course of a calendar year. Time not used would be forfeited. In certain circumstances, where an employee is aware of a commitment of more than 6 days in the coming year, consideration would be given to allowing the current year’s time to be carried forward (e.g., 2 week mission trip).
2013-2014 Staff Holidays
Thurs., July 4
Wed., Nov. 27
Thurs., Nov. 28
Fri., Nov. 29
Mon.- Fri., Dec. 23-27
Mon.-Tues., Dec. 30-31
New Year's Day
Wed., Jan. 1
(Offices reopen Thurs., Jan. 2)
Martin Luther King Day
Good Friday-Easter Monday
April 18 & 21
Mon., May 26
Total Holidays: 16
Human Resources Staff
Kathy Odell, SPHR
Director of Human Resources
Kathy Odell joined Pfeiffer in December 2005 with more than 20 years of experience in human resources at both corporate and manufacturing organizations. In 2006, she earned her Senior Professional in Human Resources after holding certification as a human resources professional for eight years.
Benefits of Working At Pfeiffer
Benefits of Working at Pfeiffer:
Health/prescription drug benefit
Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
Â Summary of Health/Vision/Dental Benefits:Summary Sheet