The Center for Outdoor Leadership is committed to providing experiential education programs using outdoor activities and challenge course programs to further the liberal arts experience of students, faculty and community members of Pfeiffer University. We provide diverse opportunities to expand horizons through personal growth, social interactions and environmental service work. In addition, COL fosters the development of leadership skills and outdoor ethics in our student facilitators and trip leaders through positions of responsibility and trainings.
- To support the University’s mission of developing servant leaders by providing opportunities for students to serve in positions of responsibility, providing service programs to take care of our environment and providing small group experiences to educate members on the concepts of leadership, relationship, communication and team.
- COL is a resource for students, faculty, staff and the great Pfeiffer community to participate in and learn from various experiential activities.
- To engage participants in the experiential learning cycle using hands-on activities.
- To engage people in meaningful and challenging experiences to address individual, leadership, community and environmental issues with a goal of increasing their capacity to serve.
- To promote environmental stewardship through the practice of Leave No Trace principles and an environmental service experiences.
- To provide safe experiences following the industry standards of Association for Challenge Course Technology, American Mountain Guide Association, American Canoe Association and Wilderness Medical Associates.