Blow off some steam, get to know other students and get some exercise – all on campus through fitness classes, intramural leagues and pickup games.
Campus Recreation includes a full lineup of sport, recreation and fitness opportunities for both fall and spring semesters. The Campus Recreation program encourages participation regardless of experience level.
Join us for:
- Play days (pickup games like ultimate Frisbee, basketball, dodgeball or volleyball – no need to register ahead of time)
- Intramural teams
- Open gym times
- Free, drop-in fitness classes (like Hip-Hop, 30-Minute Core, CrossFit, Boot Camp – again, no need to register ahead of time, just come when you can)
- Support your fellow athletes through planned tailgating events
Mon.-Thurs. 8 a.m.-11 p.m.
Fri. 8 a.m.-6 p.m.
Sun. 3 p.m.-11 p.m.
Crossfit Tues. & Thurs., 8:30-9:30 p.m.
Strength, intensity, workload and time describes this one hour class. You will learn nine functional movements that will increase your strength and workload. What's your excuse? How bad do you want it? It is first come first serve, with a maximum of 20 people per class.
30-Minute Core Wed., 8-8:30
Want six-pack abs? This 30 minute class will strengthen and tone your core muscles. The question is can you handle 30 minutes of core exercises? It is first come first serve, with a maximum of 35 people per class.
Spring Break Bodies Wed., 8:30-9:15
Do you want to prepare your body for spring break? This class will trim and tone your entire body. It is first come first serve, with a maximum of 25 people per class.
Guests and Membership Policies
Membership Requirements (effective June 1, 2010)
- All members must have a valid Pfeiffer ID in order to use the facilities. IDs can be purchased through the Sodhexo office in the Stokes Student Center ($10).
- Staff, faculty, and students receive free admission during normal hours of operation. Facility hours are based on the academic calendar.
- Immediate family members (spouses, domestic partners, children 18 years of age and younger) of staff and faculty receive free admission during normal hours of operation.
- Immediate family members must sign the facility waiver before first use. The waiver should be updated each year.
- Children 18 years of age and younger must be accompanied by their immediate family member (staff or faculty) at all times.
- Children 16 years or younger are only permitted to use the Knapp Gym
- Children between 16 and 18 years of age may use the fitness center with parent supervision and permission.
- Daily guest passes for adults may be purchased through the Director of Campus Recreation for $5.00. Guests must sign the facility waiver before using the facility. Daily guest passes allow for multiple uses of the gym per calendar day.
- Guests must be accompanied by a student, staff, or faculty member at all times.
Casual Sports and Games
Our purpose is to unite the campus community through campus sports and games. If you’d like to start an intramural league, sign up a team or contribute in some other way, please contact us and let us know your ideas.
Campus Recreation Advisor