Registrar FAQs

How do I verify my studen'ts enrollment for my insurance company?
Contact Kim Smith, assistant to the registrar, at (704) 463-3061.

My son or daughter would like to take summer courses close to home. How do I know they will be accepted by Pfeiffer University?
Your student will need to complete the Transient Credit Form available here. It can also be found on my.Pfeiffer and in the Registrar's Office. Your student will need to fill it out and take it to the Registrar's Office for approval.
***Your student will only get transient credit if they pass the course with a "C" or better. 

What is the difference between dropping and withdrawing from a course?
Dropping a course leaves no record on the student's academic transcript, while withdrawing is always accompanied by a withdrawal grade such as W, WP or WF.

Dropping from a course does not create a receivable on the student's account, meaning that a student who drops or is administratively dropped from a course owes nothing for that course. On the other hand, a student who withdraws from a course (or courses), pays at least a prorated amount for that course, depending on when the withdrawal occurs.

Based on our current drop policy, students have up to the 6th day of class during the regular term, (1st day in the summer) to drop out of an unwanted course or switch it for another.

Where can I find information about commencement?
Commencement information can be found on the Graduation Information tab of the Registrar's Office web page. Also, emails will be sent to your student's Pfeiffer email account. 

My student applied for graduation. When will they know if they have been approved for graduation?
After the Registrar's Office evaluates a student for graduation clearance, the office emails the student and their advisor a Degree Audit Result Form. This form will let the student know which courses, if any, they still need in order to graduate.

***These emails are only sent to the student's Pfeiffer University email address.

Share this on your favorite sites: