Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Opportunity awaits in the high-demand field of nursing.
With more hospitals seeking magnet status and the Institute for Medicine calling for 80 percent of registered nurses to hold bachelor’s degrees by 2020, you also know that earning your BSN is the wisest step you can take to further your career.
Pfeiffer’s RN to BSN degree completion program, in the division of applied sciences. is offered online. The program is designed for working adults who desire flexibility and convenience.
A Bachelor of Science degree in nursing requires a total of 120 semester hours, which is composed of the 11 SH of pre-requisites and a major that is 52 SH. The 52 hours of courses are comprised of 26 semester hours of core courses and an additional 26 semester hours of credit that are awarded for experience in nursing. The experiential learning credit is awarded upon successful completion of NURS 328 and the professional academic portfolio included in that course. The remaining required hours, if necessary, can be taken in combination of general education and elective hours. Pfeiffer University’s residency requirement for the RN to BSN program is 30 semester hours.
PRE-REQUISITES (11 SH)
- PSYC 222 Statistics & Data Analysis
- BIOL 324 Principles of Microbiology
- CHEM 210 Chemistry
- NURS 328 Professional Nursing Practice & Communications
- NURS 420 Health Assessment
- NURS 426 Health & Aging
- NURS 428 Health Promotion
- NURS 422 Nursing Leadership
- NURS 503 Perspectives in Community Nursing
- NURS 505 Research Concepts
- NURS 507 Professional Nursing Synthesis
Electives (including a 30-hour residency) are customizable. Speak with your advisor to determine which electives will best prepare you for your specific career path.
For descriptions of courses, visit the academic catalog.
The baccalaureate program at Pfeiffer University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org).
Before you can apply, you need to make sure you have the following:
- Completion of an associate degree in science with a major in nursing or an associate in applied science with a major in nursing or a hospital diploma nursing program
- Prerequisites must be met before enrolling in core classes with exception of PSY 222
- Current unrestricted RN licensure
- Grade of “C” or better in all required nursing prerequisites and cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Immunizations as required by the University and Department of Nursing
- Submission of satisfactory criminal background check
- Proof of liability insurance
Please submit the following:
- Application for Admission
- Copies of official transcripts from all colleges/universities you have attended are required.
- If you have applied for financial aid, the financial aid transcript must be submitted to the Office of Financial Aid.
Prior Learning Credits
There are several ways to get credit for previous educational experience and/or knowledge in a subject. Check out our policy on prior learning credits described on our admissions page.
Tuition & Fees
With a BSN, you qualify for a greater number of nursing positions and are likely to earn a median annual salary of $69,000 — more than 75 percent higher than the average RN salary (healthcaresalaries.com). Pfeiffer’s online RN to BSN program enables you to complete your degree without cramping your schedule.
Ready to get started? Apply now.
Have questions? Just ask!