Visit Pfeiffer

Contact Information

Rebecca Hraczo
Coordinator, International Students
(704) 463-3368

Dr. Jim Gulledge
Director, Academic Support Services
(704) 463-3366

Emily Carella
Associate Director of Admissions
(704) 463-3047


Mailing address:
International Center
Pfeiffer University
48380 US Hwy 52 North
P.O. Box 960
Misenheimer, North Carolina 28109-0960

FAX: (704) 463-3356
Main: (704) 463-1363

Applying for an F-1 Visa

Before applying for an F-1 visa, you must remit a $200 SEVIS fee, required by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. Then follow these steps:

  1. Bring the following documents to the U.S. Consulate or Embassy that has jurisdiction over your place of residence: SEVIS fee receipt, I-20 (sent by Pfeiffer), passport, all proof of financial support. During your required interview, you must demonstrate:
    1. You are a lawful student. The officer will review your educational background and plans to assess the likelihood that you will enroll and persist in school through graduation. Be prepared to discuss the reasons you chose a particular college, your anticipated major and career plans. Bring school transcripts, national examination results, and SAT or TOEFEL scores.
    2. You have sufficient funds to cover all expenses while in the U.S. to indicate that you will not leave school early or work illegally. Provide evidence of your sponsor's sources and amounts of income. 
    3. You have a residence in your home country to which you intend to return. Consular officers are required by the U.S. State Department to assume applicants for visas intend to remain in the U.S. unless they are otherwise convinced. They must be confident that your stay in the U.S. will be temporary. Examples of information that lets them know you intend to return to your home country include details about your family's economic position, property you own or will inherit or your own economic potential when you return after completing your education.
    4. If the consular officer approves your application, “F-1 Visa” will be stamped on a page of your passport.
  2. Apply at a port of entry for admission to the U.S. by:
    1. Presenting a passport (valid for at least 6 months)
    2. Presenting an F-1 visa that has Pfeiffer University listed in the annotation
    3. Producing the I-20 issued by Pfeiffer and with your signature
    4. Showing evidence of financial support and supporting documentation
    5. Indicating to the immigration inspector that you are qualified in every way to be admitted as an F-1 student
  3. If the immigration inspector approves your entry into the U.S., you will receive an I-94 stamp inside your passport which indicates:
    1. The date and place of entry
    2. Your status (should be F-1)
    3. D/S (duration of status), which means you are admitted to the U.S. for the length of time required to complete a specific program. This date is indicated on your I-20. If your I-94 does not show F-1 or D/S, contact Pfeiffer's International Center immediately.
  4. The inspector will stamp the top page of your I-20. (Note: You will need your I-20 any time  you travel outside the U.S. Page 3 must be signed by a DSO from Pfeiffer's International Center at least every 12 months (preferably every 6 months), particularly if you will be traveling outside the U.S.
  5. When you arrive on campus, bring your passport, I-94, I-20, and SEVIS fee receipt to the International Center so a copy can be entered in your student file.

Why Study in the United States and at Pfeiffer University

int stud image2

When you decide to attend a U.S. college or university, you will join more than 500,000 students from around the world who have made the same choice. Here is just some of what international students discover about American higher education:

Quality—U.S. colleges are known worldwide for their facilities, resources and faculty. Accreditation systems assure that institutions and programs maintain high standards.

Choice—Higher education in the U.S. is unmatched in regard types of institutions, academic and social environments, admissions requirements, degree programs and specializations.

Value—A degree from a U.S. college or university is an investment in your future. A wide range of tuition rates and living costs, plus available financial aid, make study in the U.S. affordable for many students.

Flexibility—Flexible course options and the ability to transfer from one school to another makes studying in the U.S. unique.

Why Pfeiffer?

Pfeiffer University's undergraduate and graduate programs, which are accredited by Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) and Certification and Quality Securities Institute (AQUIN) and offered in several locations and online, will make your U.S. higher education experience affordable, distinctive and worthwhile.

  • State-of-the-art facilities
  • Commitment to leadership
  • Diverse student, faculty and staff
  • Small classes and personal attention
  • Faculty devoted to serving students
  • Proximity to a large metropolitan area

Learn more about studying in the U.S.
with these PowerPoint presentations:






Visa Process                             




U.S. Laws

Working in the U.S.





Tips for Emergency Evacuations

Remember to take important documents with you: DS-2019, passport, visa, current and expired I-20, 1-94, Social Security Card, drivers' licenses, medical records, financial records, plane tickets, checks and credit cards. Take any contact numbers or email addresses to keep in touch with the International Center Staff:

Ms. Rebecca Hraczo 
(704) 463-3368 

Dr. Jim Gulledge   
(704) 463-3366

Mailing address:
International Center
Pfeiffer University
48380 US Hwy 52 North
P.O. Box 960
Misenheimer, North Carolina 28109-0960

FAX: (704) 463-3356
Main: (704) 463-1363

** Check with the International Center to find out how they want to be contacted if you are displaced during an emergency evacuation.

Take SEVP contact information:
If you cannot reach anyone in the International Center, contact the Student Exchange & Visitor Program (SEVP) to let us know where you are and how we can reach you. Email us at, or call free from any phone: (800) 961-5294.