Veterans and Military Students
At Pfeiffer University we are proud of the courageous men and women who serve our country. Going back to school has its own unique challenges, but our programs are designed with flexibility and convenience in mind so that completing your education is possible no matter where life takes you or how rigorous your lifestyle might be.
At Pfeiffer, you can pursue a bachelor’s or master’s degree in challenging and rewarding programs taught by highly qualified faculty with real-world experience. Our programs are VA-Certified and we are here to make the dream of completing your education a reality.
Prior Learning Credits
Students may earn college credit for acceptable scores on the College Level Examination Program (CLEP) and the DANTES Subject Standardized Test (DSST). These tests are administered through our testing center at 4701 Park Rd., Charlotte, NC 28209.
Call (704) 945-7320 for more information or to schedule a testing date. Fees are listed below:
- Testing Fee to Educational Testing Services is $80.00.
- Registration Fee to Pfeiffer University is $20.00.
Credit by Special Examination (Undergraduate)
Any student enrolled in the University who receives departmental approval is eligible to receive credit by special examination (challenge exams) for specific Pfeiffer University courses. Competence gained through study and/or experience may provide background for students who wish to attempt such examinations. Students seeking credit by examination should, on forms provided by their advisors, request approval. No student will be allowed to repeat a special examination in a given course within one year.
Students with experience in the Reserves, National Guard, or other Armed Forces may be eligible for certain college credit.
At Pfeiffer we recognize that as an adult, you have gained personal and professional development outside the traditional academic classroom. In addition to CLEP, DSST, ACE military credits and challenge exams, our portfolio process provides an opportunity to translate these experiences into college credit in various areas of learning. Up to thirty hours of credit may be awarded and applied to the elective hour requirements in the Degree Completion Program through the portfolio process.
Access the student handbook here.
Thank you for your interest in the degree completion programs at Pfeiffer University's Charlotte campus. An Admissions representative will be in touch with you shortly.
What We Offer
|What's in Demand
Online with UGotClass
Wedding Planner Certificate through the Wedding Planner Institute
Pfeiffer's Center for Professional Advancement will foster and encourage lifelong learning by providing a variety of learning opportunities that enrich the community and beyond, and support the mission and strategic plan of Pfeiffer University.
Welcome from the Dean
Paulita Brooker, Ed.D
Dean, Continuing Education and Adult Studies
- Submit the Application for Admission along with a $60 non-refundable application fee.
- Please submit a signed transcript request form along with your application. Copies of official transcripts from all colleges/universities you have attended will be required. As a service to you, our staff will submit the signed request on your behalf, and any transcript request fees will be paid by Pfeiffer University. Click here to access the Transcript Request form. If students have applied for financial aid, the financial aid transcript must be submitted to the Office of Financial Aid at Pfeiffer University.
- Apply online OR click here to access a printable application and mail to:
Office of Admissions
4701 Park Rd
Charlotte, NC 28209