Customized Courses for Public Service MBA
Required Core Courses (27 credits)
- Organizational Communications - Written and oral communications; interpersonal and organizational communications; human relations and ethical considerations.
- Advanced Organizational Behavior - Individual behavior, group processes, organizational structure and design; conflict, influence and power, decision making.
- Quantitative Decision Making - Statistics and mathematical methods for decision-making.
- Managerial Accounting - The use of accounting information for budgeting, financial analysis, planning, control and decision-making.
- Managerial Economics - Analytical tools and concepts from economic theory as they pertain to human behavior, group processes, and decision-making.
- Managerial Finance - Analysis of investment opportunities, financial forecasting, and the sociopolitical environment of budgeting decisions.
- Marketing Management - Client focused planning and decision-making; an integrated approach to public relations, media management, and using communications for influence.
- Strategic Management - Managing departments and organizations for the long run; planned change and sustainable development; integration of knowledge from previous courses.
- Legal and Ethical Environment - Survey of legal and ethical issues related to managing individuals and organizations in both the market and the public sectors.
Elective Courses (9 credits)
Class members and administrators will choose three electives from the following list of available classes:
- Management of Technology
- Managerial Negotiations
- Leadership, Ethics and Community
- Human Resource Management
- Seminar in Public Safety Management
- Project in Public Safety Management