- Download Music Department Forms
Auditions and Scholarships
Music scholarships, awarded based on audition outcomes, are available for Pfeiffer University students. Auditions are conducted on Falcon Preview Days or by appointment on another date with the Department of Music. Falcon Preview Dates for 2012 are Jan. 21 and April 14; auditions take place in Henry Pfeiffer Chapel. To schedule an audition on one of these dates or at a different time, call or email:
|Director of Choral and Vocal Music|
|Office: (704) 463-3148|
|Cell: (704) 737-8864|
A scholarship audition serves also as the audition for the Department of Music; to receive a scholarship a student must declare a music major. Students who wish to enroll at Pfeiffer University as a music major must apply separately to the University (through the Office of Admissions) and the Department of Music. Admission to the University does not guarantee acceptance as a music major or vice versa.
Before your audition:
- Choose a short solo with the help of your director or private teacher.(No sight reading is required.) A selection from an all-district, all-county or honors chorus audition is fine. Percussionists may demonstrate their skills on snare, mallets, timpani and/or trap set. Auditions at Pfeiffer are designed to signal your potential in music; relax and perform your best.
- If your audition is on a Falcon Preview Day, it will be arranged to fit in the day's schedule. The Department of Music will coordinate audition times with the Office of Admissions, so please confirm your audition time several days in advance with one of the music department contacts listed above.
When you arrive:
- Proceed to Henry Pfeiffer Chapel located on the south side of campus. Someone will direct you to Dr. Kirby or Mr. Judge.
- Listen to the presentation about Pfeiffer University and take a campus tour. You'll have time to warm up before your audition.
- Parents are encouraged to participate in Falcon Preview Day activities designed for their interests (including financial aid).
Samples from Pfeiffer music students.
Festival Piece on St. Anne
When I Survey the Wondrous Cross
Praise to the Lord Almighty
With a Voice of Singing
When in Music God is Glorified
Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing
An ensemble of mixed voices which performs a wide range of sacred and secular repertoire in a variety of classical and contemporary styles. This group performs on and off campus. Open to all students by audition.
A multicultural and interdenominational choral ensemble which primarily performs African-American spirituals and gospel music on and off campus. Open to all students by audition.
An ensemble of wind and percussion instruments which performs traditional and contemporary repertoire composed and transcribed for concert band. Comprised of students and members of the local community, the band performs concerts on and off campus. Open to all students by audition.
A small ensemble of mixed and flexible instrumentation which performs contemporary and traditional jazz, Latin, and pop music. This group performs on and off campus and is open to all students by audition.
An ensemble of wind and percussion instruments which performs popular tunes and chants at Pfeiffer athletic events. Open to all students by audition.
A small ensemble of singers and keyboard, guitar, bass, and drum players which performs worship music on campus in the Village Church. Open to all students by audition.
An ensemble of English handbell ringers which performs secular and sacred repertoire on and off campus. Open to all students by audition.
An ensemble which performs traditional and contemporary music written or arranged for multiple guitars. Open to all students by audition.
A small ensemble of two or more instrumentalists combined to perform chamber repertoire from all periods of music. Open to all students by audition.