Pfeiffer University News
Pfeiffer University to offer eight-week graduate courses online
- Published on Friday, February 15, 2013 ( 3:14 pm )
For the first time this spring, Pfeiffer University is offering eight-week graduate courses online. The two courses available in this format, which typically run 16 weeks, are designed to accommodate the schedules of busy working adults and allow them to complete their master's degree programs faster than with traditional schedules. This program is not open to students who are currently enrolled for the spring semester.
Encouraging students to question everything
- Published on Thursday, February 14, 2013 ( 11:37 am )
Celebrating Black History Month by honoring excellence
Dr. Almeda Wright, assistant professor of religion and youth ministry, describes herself as an inquisitive person who questions everythingâ€”a quality that has led her from corporate America to her current role at Pfeiffer.
Pfeiffer students analyze complex issues as part of 2013 NCICU Ethics Bowl in Raleigh, N.C.
- Published on Wednesday, February 13, 2013 ( 2:34 pm )
On Feb. 8-9, Pfeiffer University students Diamond Pate, Kayleigh Peterman, Rachel Harden and Stacy Guinto-Salinas traveled to Campbell University School of Law in Raleigh, N.C., to participate in the 2013 North Carolina Independent Colleges and Universities (NCICU) Ethics Bowl.
From Las Vegas to Misenheimer for the ministry
- Published on Monday, February 11, 2013 ( 10:53 am )
Senior religion major and Las Vegas, Nev., native Diamond Pate is the embodiment of a servant leader at Pfeiffer University. Not only is she an exemplary student, but she spends countless hours serving others.
Tiffony Jacobs, original member of the Freedom Writers, to speak at Pfeiffer University
- Published on Friday, February 08, 2013 ( 10:45 am )
On Sun., Feb. 17, 7:30 p.m., Pfeiffer University welcomes to its Misenheimer campus (Henry Pfeiffer Chapel, 48380 US Hwy 52N), Tiffony Jacobs, an original member of the Freedom Writers, a group of at-risk students from Woodrow Wilson High School in Long Beach, Calif., who changed the direction of their lives through a powerful English class writing project in 1994â€”and named their group after the Freedom Riders who fought against segregation during the Civil Rights Movement. The event is free and open to the public; seating is limited and available on a first-come, first served basis.
Graduating into church at Pfeiffer
- Published on Thursday, February 07, 2013 ( 12:08 pm )
The Village Church was recently profiled by the General Board of Higher Education & Ministry. Read the complete article, Graduating into church at Pfeiffer by Renee Elder here.
Pfeiffer University celebrates Black History Month
- Published on Friday, February 01, 2013 ( 10:06 am )
|Aline Noel||George Singleton|
Throughout February, Pfeiffer will highlight the contributions and achievements of several noteworthy alumni, faculty and students as we observe Black History Month. Founder Emily Prudden, a probable late 19th-century visionary, set a socially progressive example for Pfeiffer and racial integration by establishing a number of home-based schools, nearly half of which were dedicated to the education of disadvantaged black students.
Accounting students to prepare and file taxes as part of VITA program
- Published on Thursday, January 31, 2013 ( 11:43 am )
This year the Accounting Society on the Misenheimer Campus is participating in the IRS's Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program. VITA is a free tax preparation and eFiling program for those who have a combined income less than $51,000.
Falcons to compete against Royals at Grady Cole Center on Jan. 31
- Published on Thursday, January 24, 2013 ( 2:38 pm )
On Thurs., Jan. 31, Pfeiffer's basketball teams will take on the Queens University Royals at the Grady Cole Center in Charlotte, N.C., located at 310 N. Kings Dr.
Admissions Office takes Pfeiffer on the road
- Published on Monday, January 21, 2013 ( 2:52 pm )
Pfeiffer University is coming to your area
On Jan. 23, the Admissions Office will launch Black and Gold on the Road, a series of special information sessions held mostly in community churches throughout N.C. Admissions counselors will lead a presentation and answer questions about Pfeiffer, the admission process and financial aid.
Center for Professional Advancement to host Beat Unemployment seminar for job seekers
- Published on Wednesday, January 16, 2013 ( 9:54 am )
On Wed., Feb. 27, Pfeiffer University's Center for Professional Advancement will host Beat Unemployment 101, a half-day seminar designed to help job seekers succeed in today's market. Professionals of all experience levelsâ€”from recent graduated to seasoned professionalsâ€”are encouraged to attend.
Confucius Institute at Pfeiffer University collaborates with Opera Carolina and Bechtler Museum of Modern Art to offer Art to Poetry to Music at the Bechtler and Pfeiffer University
- Published on Thursday, January 10, 2013 ( 3:48 pm )
The Confucius Institute at Pfeiffer University (located at the Charlotte campus on Park Road), in a special collaboration with Opera Carolina and the Bechtler Museum of Modern Art, will present Art to Poetry to Music, a music and visual art performance that explores and demonstrates traditional Chinese calligraphy in combination with Chinese and Western visual art, music and poetry.
- President Michael C. Miller Named AMVETS Career Center Advocate of the Year
- Pfeiffer students give kids the world over winter break
- North Carolina AMVETS Career Center to present Advocate of the Year Award to Mike Miller, president of Pfeiffer University
- Get on the right track: Pfeiffer's Center for Professional Advancement is now offering an exciting new Clinical Medical Assistant training program in conjunction with Boston Reed
- Pfeiffer University's reaccreditation reaffirmed by The Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- Dianne Daniels, award winning nurse, leads department to great success
Pfeiffer University’s teacher education programs receive national accreditation through 2021
December 16, 2014
Pfeiffer Campuses Welcome New Faculty
August 26, 2014