Pfeiffer University News
2012 Heart of Grace Symposium and Awards at Charlotte Campus on April 13
- Published on Wednesday, February 08, 2012 ( 8:41 am )
Pfeiffer University’s 2012 Heart of Grace Symposium and Awards, an annual event that celebrates the personal, professional and service achievements of women, will be held at Pfeiffer’s Charlotte campus, 4701 Park Road, on Friday, April 13.
Confucius Institute at Pfeiffer University/Charlotte Welcomes the Shanxi University School of Music
- Published on Friday, January 20, 2012 ( 3:26 pm )
In celebration of the Chinese New Year, the Confucius Institute at Pfeiffer University welcomes from its partner school in Taiyun, China, the Shanxi University School of Music’s Dance. The troupe visits Charlotte the week of January 23 for several performances that showcase Chinese traditional dance and instrumental and vocal music.
Pfeiffer Now Completely Smoke-Free
- Published on Tuesday, January 17, 2012 ( 9:31 am )
Pfeiffer University Adopts 100 Percent Tobacco-Free Policy
Pfeiffer University students returned today for the start of the spring semester with all three of Pfeiffer’s campuses completely smoke free. The Pfeiffer University Board of Trustees passed a policy that as of Jan. 1, 2012 prohibits tobacco use anywhere on the grounds of its campuses in Mishenheimer, Charlotte and Morrisville.
News 14 Covers AMVETS Career Center on Pfeiffer's Misenheimer Campus
- Published on Thursday, December 15, 2011 ( 9:14 am )
Watch the video on News 14 Carolina's website.
Dr. Susan Wilkie Shares Tips to Avoid Holiday Stress in Wall Street Journal
- Published on Wednesday, December 14, 2011 ( 9:47 am )
Read the complete article from the Wall Street Journal.
AMVETS Career Center Opens on Pfeiffer University's Misenheimer Campus
- Published on Wednesday, December 07, 2011 ( 5:16 pm )
Local Dignitaries On Hand to Dedicate First Such Center in North Carolina
The first AMVETS Career Center in the state of North Carolina opened today on the campus of Pfeiffer University in Misenheimer. The center is supported by one of six grants awarded nationwide from AMVETS, an organization whose mission is to support the needs of veterans of the U.S. armed forces.
Pfeiffer University Opens AMVETS Career Center on its Misenheimer Campus with Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony on Dec. 7, 9 a.m.
- Published on Friday, December 02, 2011 ( 4:38 pm )
Pfeiffer University will honor the 70th anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor with the grand opening of an AMVETS Career Center on its Misenheimer campus. The ribbon cutting will take place on Wed., Dec. 7, at 9 a.m., in the Community Room of Stokes Student Center, Pfeiffer University, 48380 U.S. Hwy 52N, Mishenheimer. The Career Center itself, which will be open when classes are in session, will be located in Jane Freeman Hall.
Pfeiffer University Invites Community to Annual Christmas Concert
- Published on Tuesday, November 22, 2011 ( 9:18 am )
Concert Choir, Handbell Choir, Wind Ensemble to Perform
The Pfeiffer University Department of Music and Fine Arts will present its annual Christmas Concert on Sun., Dec. 4, 2011, 4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., Henry Pfeiffer Chapel on the University’s Misenheimer Campus (48340 U.S. Hwy 52N). The concerts are free and open to the public.
Grammy-Nominated Musician Bob Carlin to Perform at Pfeiffer University Nov. 18
- Published on Monday, November 14, 2011 ( 5:06 pm )
Bob Carlin, Grammy nominated musician and author will appear on Pfeiffer University’s Misenheimer campus on Fri., Nov. 18 at 10 a.m. in Henry Pfeiffer Chapel. The community is invited to this free event.
Carlin, who was featured earlier this month in the PBS special “Give Me the Banjo” for his knowledge of the development of the banjo and his “clawhammer” playing technique, will offer a lecture and demonstration of old-time music. After his presentation, Carlin will share in a jam session with students, faculty and friends.
Pfeiffer Celebrates Founder's Day
- Published on Monday, November 14, 2011 ( 9:25 am )
Laying of flowers at Emily Prudden's statue
Cake served in the G.A. Pfeiffer Library
Meet at the Clock for a history of Pfeiffer's buildings
History of the Pfeiffer family / Library 2nd floor (0.5 Cultural Credit Area 3)
Dr. Bill Moore ’80, Brings Success-Driven “Playing Your Best” Seminars To Pfeiffer Students, Faculty, Staff and Community
- Published on Thursday, October 20, 2011 ( 4:38 pm )
Dr. Moore’s presentations supported by the Mariam Coltrane Schramm Fine Arts Endowment
Dr. Bill Moore, president, Moore Performance Counseling, 1980 graduate of Pfeiffer University and well-known sports psychologist, returns to Misenheimer on Tues., Oct. 25 and Wed., Oct. 26 to present “Playing Your Best,” a series of four seminars designed to offer practical steps and inspirational advice for student-athletes, musicians and other performing artists, and future business leaders so that they learn to perform at optimal levels under competitive stress. All students, faculty, staff and the community are invited to attend the free events. No RSVP is required.
- SAAC, Peer Ministries and Residence Life Team Up to Host Pfeiffer Pfights Pfantom 5K Race and Monster Dash
- Pfeiffer University Receives $197,000 Grant from the Charles A. Cannon Charitable Trusts to Enhance Programs Designed to Meet the Needs of First-Year Students
- President Mike Miller Discusses His First Year at Pfeiffer
- Pfeiffer University Convocation Ceremony to Officially Open 2011-2012 Academic Year
- Pfeiffer University Welcomes New Faculty For 2011-2012 Academic Year
- Pfeiffer University to Host 2011 Colloquium on Microfinance