Pfeiffer University News
Pfeiffer co-hosts the Charlotte District Proclamation Institute
- Published on Tuesday, August 10, 2010 ( 10:36 am )
Pfeiffer University and the Charlotte District Academy of Christian Discipleship is co-sponsoring the Charlotte District Proclamation Institute, a series of six separate sessions focused on preaching the Word and biblical studies. The Institute will be held at the university's Charlotte campus, 4701 Park Rd.
There will be ten session leaders all teaching classes, ranging from, "The Content of Preaching" by Dr. James C. Howell, senior pastor of Myers Park UMC, to the "Proclamations at Weddings and Funerals" by Dr. George Thompson, who is completing his seventh year as district superintendent, Charlotte District Office of the UMC. Click here to download the event brochure.
Registration will be held from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. on the following days:
• August 10- “The Content of Preaching”
• August 24- “Theology of Preaching”
• September 7- “Proclamations at Weddings and Funerals”
• September 21- “It’s what you Preach and how you Preach it”
• October 5- “Sacred Storytelling: Making the Bible come alive for Today’s Congregations”
• October 26- “Making Worship Planning an Integrated Team Approach”
The cost will be $50 per person for all six sessions. Registration will be limited to the first 40 to register. Checks are to be made payable to Charlotte District UM fund. Funds will be used as honorariums for our session leaders.