Summer Course in China
Dates: May 19-June 12, 2013Cost: Tour Fee-$4,749
Supplemental Fee-$800 (covers expenses for stays at Shanxi and Jiangsu Universities)
Travel though China and Chinese history brush stroke by brush stroke. Participants will journey from Beijing to Shanghai through Tiayuan, the Three Gorges, and Nanging while learning to master the brush, ink, paper, and ink stone: the four jewels of Chinese culture. By mastering 25 key characters such as person (人), tool (戈), rain (雨 ), water (水), mountain (山), Taoism (道) and yin (阴) and yang (阳), we will come to understand central concepts of Chinese culture, the art of calligraphy and history.
- Register through Casterbridge no later than Jan. 25 using Trip ID 86930.
- Complete payment $4,749 is due to Casterbridge on Jan. 29.
- The Supplemental Fee of $800 is due to Pfeiffer University by March 1.
- International airfare from Charlotte
- All ground and air transportation in China
- All meals and admission to sites
- 24/7 trip managers and guides
- All class materials
Cost does not include:
- Visa and passport expenses
- Personal items and gifts