Faculty/Staff New Hire Checklist
Welcome to Pfeiffer University! To prepare for your first day of work, please review this new hire page for important forms, benefit information and instructions for your first day.
Please complete the following forms and return them to Twyla Kidd in Human Resources immediately. Forms may be scanned and emailed to
or faxed to (704) 463-3012.
- Your signed offer letter or contract
- Background Check Confidential Information/Disclosure Release Form
The following forms need to be completed and brought with you to new hire orientation:
- Personnel Data Sheet
- I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification form with original documents from the List of Acceptable Documents. You cannot begin work until you have completed form I-9 and presented your original, valid forms of documentation establishing Identity and Employment Authorization.
- Federal Tax Withholding Form W-4
- State Tax Withholding Form NC-4
- Direct Deposit Form with a blank, voided check
- Identification Card Authorization
- 2012-2013 Vehicle Registration
- Conflict of Interest
- External Employment
- An original version of your Social Security Card (please, no photocopies). Pfeiffer will need to verify your Social Security Number to complete the IRS W-2 form at the end of the year.
- Title IX-Acknowledgement Receipt-Review Title IX and complete last page.
Benefits-If your offer letter states that you are benefit-eligible, the effective date of your benefits will begin on the first day of the month following 30 days of continuous full-time employment. Please review the Summary of Employee Benefits and 2013 Pfeiffer Enrollment Guide, and complete as much of the following documents as possible. If there are forms you are unable to complete, we will discuss at your New Hire Orientation.
- Primary Physician Care Enrollment Form (Health Insurance)
- Delta (Dental Insurance)
- VSP (Vision Insurance)
- Flexible Spending Election Form
- Income Protection Benefits (Life Insurance/Optional Life/Dependent Life)
- Personal Accident Insurance
- TIAA-CREF – Salary Reduction (Retirement)
We are so glad that you have chosen to be a part of the Pfeiffer family. For more information, contact:
Human Resources Assistant
Fax: (704) 463-3012
|Kathy C. Odell, SPHR
Director of Human Resources
Fax: (704) 463-3012
Human Resources Policies and Handboooks
Click on any of the menu items for more information on Human Resources Policies and Handbooks.
Welcome to Human Resources
Pfeiffer University’s Human Resources Department provides support to the University in the administration of employee benefits, and recruiting of faculty and staff. Employees are encouraged to call or stop by with any questions they may have. Individuals interested in employment opportunities should visit the Job Opportunities page for current job listings, and instructions on how to apply.