Campus Recreation offers two options for personal trainers:
|Jordan O'Bryant-Jordan is a student trainer, and as part of the Exercise Science Practicum she provides free personal training.|
Jessica Stamper-Jessica is a certified personal trainer and motivational coach who provides: One-on-one or small group sessions, reasonable rates, indoor and outdoor workouts, cardio and conditioning, and nutrition and weight loss guidance.
|Crossfit||Tues. & Thurs., 8:30-9:30 p.m.|
|Strength, intensity, workload and time describes this one hour class. You will learn nine functional movements that will increase your strength and workload. What’s your excuse? How bad do you want it? It is first come first serve, with a maximum of 20 people per class.|
|30 Minute Core||Wed., 8-8:30|
|Want six-pack abs? This 30 minute class will strengthen and tone your core muscles. The question is can you handle 30 minutes of core exercises? It is first come first serve, with a maximum of 35 people per class.|
|Spring Break Bodies||Wed. 8:30-9:15
|Do you want to prepare your body for spring break? This class will trim and tone your entire body. It is first come first serve, with a maximum of 25 people per class.|
Mon. – Fri.
8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Open Gym
3 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. Athletics
10 p.m. to 11 p.m. Open Gym
Guests and Membership Policies
Membership Requirements (effective June 1, 2010)
* All members must have a valid Pfeiffer ID in order to use the facilities. IDs can be purchased through the Sodhexo office in the Stokes Student Center ($10).
* Staff, faculty, and students receive free admission during normal hours of operation. Facility hours are based on the academic calendar.
* Immediate family members (spouses, domestic partners, children 18 years of age and younger) of staff and faculty receive free admission during normal hours of operation.
o Immediate family members must sign the facility waiver before first use. The waiver should be updated each year.
o Children 18 years of age and younger must be accompanied by their immediate family member (staff or faculty) at all times.
* Children 16 years or younger are only permitted to use the Knapp Gym
* Children between 16 and 18 years of age may use the fitness center with parent supervision and permission.
* Daily guest passes for adults may be purchased through the Director of Campus Recreation for $5.00. Guests must sign the facility waiver before using the facility. Daily guest passes allow for multiple uses of the gym per calendar day.
o Guests must be accompanied by a student, staff, or faculty member at all times.
* Misenheimer community members and alumni may purchase memberships.
Community Member Alumni
July – June (1 yr) $120 $80
July – December (Fall) $75 $40
January – June (Spring) $75 $40
* Memberships may be purchased from the Director of Campus Recreation.
* The Director of Campus Recreation will then validate the ID with semester stickers.
* Prior to validation the member must sign the facility waiver.
Check out pictures from this semester's events!
THURSDAY AFTERNOON KICKBALL: