International Students - Graduate

Your international experience awaits at Pfeiffer University.

We invite you to apply to Pfeiffer University’s graduate degree programs, where advanced academic challenges coupled with individual attention completes your international study experience. Our campus is known for providing an intimate educational environment, making Pfeiffer an appealing option for international students who want to pursue a rigorous academic program in a beautiful location.

Why Study at Pfeiffer University?

When you decide to attend a United States (U.S.) college or university, you are joining more than 500,000 students from around the world who have made the same choice. Here is just some of what international students discover about American higher education:


U.S. colleges are known worldwide for their facilities, resources and faculty. Accreditation systems assure that institutions and programs maintain high standards.


Higher education in the U.S. is unmatched in regard to types of institutions, academic and social environments, admissions requirements, degree programs and specializations.


A degree from a U.S. college or university is an investment in your future. A wide range of tuition rates and living costs, plus available financial aid, make study in the U.S. affordable for many students.


Flexible course options and the ability to transfer from one school to another make studying in the U.S. unique.

Pfeiffer University's graduate programs, which are accredited by Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) and Certification and Quality Securities Institute (AQUIN) and offered in several locations and online, make your U.S. higher education experience affordable, distinctive and worthwhile.

Discover our:

  • State-of-the-art facilities
  • Commitment to leadership development
  • Diverse student, faculty, and staff populations
  • Small classes and personal attention
  • Faculty devoted to serving students
  • Proximity to a large metropolitan area

We understand studying advanced subjects in a second language can be difficult. We help you assimilate to American culture, assisting you with everything from securing a social security number to finding the right apartment. Once settled, you can build valuable relationships with instructors and fellow students.

Rolling Admissions

Pfeiffer University uses a rolling admissions system but recommends that students submit their applications for admission by May 1 to ensure space availability. 

How to Apply

Listed below are the steps involved when applying to Pfeiffer, qualifying for an I-20, applying for a visa and finally, arriving in the United States.

Applying to Pfeiffer

  1. Submit a graduate school application for admission to Pfeiffer University. Apply Online. 
  2. Submit your official transcripts from all undergraduate colleges attended.
  3. Depending on program, submit your graduate admissions test scores. The Graduate Record Examination (GRE), Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) and Miller Analogies Test (MAT) are all acceptable.
  4. Submit a current professional resume.  A combination of past academic achievement and related work experience may qualify applicants for a waiver of the testing requirement. 
  5. Submit the required letters of recommendation.
  6. International students applying to the Graduate Program must use one of the following methods to show that they have an appropriate level of English Proficiency needed for successful study at the graduate level:
    1. TOEFL score of at least 550 PBT/213 CBT/79-80 IBT, taken at an official ETS testing center and NOT in-house; i.e., at a university
    2. IELTS score of at least 6.0
    3. Completion of a bachelor’s degree at a US university
    4. Completion of an appropriate level in an ESL program which, according to the ESL school, is sufficient for the graduate level of university study.
    5. CEFR score of C1
    6. English as a first language, reinforced with a graduate admissions test
      1. Prospective students may also be accepted provisionally. These students will be required to enroll in both ESL classes and courses at Pfeiffer until an acceptable level of English proficiency for university study has been demonstrated according to the ESL school.
  7. Submit proof of financial support sufficient to cover your first year's expenses including living expenses. Contact the Admissions Office for the total amount to be documented. (All currency should be stated in U.S. dollars.) Include copies of bank statements to show availability of funds. (Make copies before submitting to Pfeiffer; they will be needed again for the visa application.)
  8. Submit a copy of your passport ID page (the page with your name and expiration date)

All above documention will be submitting through the online admissions process. Apply today or request more information to begin.

Application Requirements by Graduate Degree Program

Pfeiffer University offers the following master's degree programs:

Programs may have specific requirements for admissions.

Master of Business Administration (MBA)

Master of Health Administration (MHA)

Master of Science in Leadership (MSL)

MBA/MHA Joint Degree

MBA/MSL Joint Degree 

MHA/MSL Joint Degree

Master of Science Financial Fraud Investigation (MSFFI)

Master of Marriage and Family Therapy (MMFT) (M.A.)

Please visit the master's in marriage and family therapy program page for details on February 1 and March 1 application deadlines and specific application process.

Master of Practical Theology (MAPT) (M.A.)

Master of Science in Education (MSE)

Master of Arts in Teaching - Special Education (MATSE)

Academically and Intellectually Gifted Add-on Licensure Program 

Prior Learning Credits

Wondering if credits will transfer? Learn more about testing and assessment options here

Applying for a Visa

After all paperwork has been submitted and you have been accepted to Pfeiffer University, Pfeiffer will send you an I-20. Read this document carefully and alert Pfeiffer if it is not correct because an error may affect your visa application. (Note: Page 2 outlines responsibilities for F-1 students.)

The U.S. Department of Homeland Security requires a $200 SEVIS fee before applying for an F-1 visa at a U.S. consulate or embassy. This fee must be paid three business days prior to applying for a visa. Pay this fee in one of two ways:

  1. Pay by mail by submitting Form I-901 "Fee Remittance for Certain F, M, and J Nonimmigrants" with a check or money order drawn from a U.S. bank and payable in U.S. currency; or
  2. Pay online, at Here, you can complete the I-901 and pay using VISA, MasterCard or American Express, whether issued in the U.S. or overseas. (Note: If you pay the fee online, print a copy of the receipt before exiting the website.)

After paying the SEVIS fee, you will then take the fee receipt, the I-20 Pfeiffer sent you, your passport, and all proof of financial ability to the United States consulate or embassy that has jurisdiction over your place of residence abroad. During your interview (required) with the consular/embassy official, you will need to demonstrate that:

  1. You are a bona fide student. Bring school transcripts, national examination results, and SAT or TOEFL scores.
  2. You have sufficient funds to cover all expenses while in the United States. Provide solid evidence of your sponsor's finances especially sources and amounts of income.
  3. You have a residence in your home country to which you intend to return. You must demonstrate sufficient economic, family and social ties to your place of residence to ensure that your stay in the United States will be temporary. Economic ties include your family's economic position, property you may own or stand to inherit and your own economic potential when you come home after completing your education.

If the consular officer approves your application, he will stamp an F-1 visa on a page inside your passport.

Entering the United States

Next, you must apply at a port of entry for admission to the United States by:

  1. Presenting a passport (valid for at least more six months).
  2. Presenting an F-1 visa which has Pfeiffer listed in the annotation. (Note that Canadians do NOT need a visa.)
  3. Producing the I-20 issued by Pfeiffer and signed by you.
  4. Showing evidence of financial support and supporting documentation.
  5. Convincing the immigration inspector that you are qualified in all ways to be admitted as an F-1 student.

If the immigration inspector approves your entry into the United States, you will be issued an I-94 Form which indicates:

  1. The date and place of entry
  2. Your status (should be F-1)
  3. A unique 11-digit identification number
  4. D/S (This means you are admitted to the United States for the length of time required to complete a specific program; this completion date is indicated on the I-20. If your I-94 does not have D/S, contact someone in the International Center immediately.)
  5. The immigration inspector will stamp the top page of your I-20. (Note: this is a very important document. You will need your I-20 anytime you travel outside the United States. Page 3 of this form must be signed by a DSO in the International Center at least every 12 months, preferably every 6 months, especially if you will be traveling outside the US.)

Once you arrive on campus, it is very important that you bring your passport, I-94, I-20 and SEVIS fee receipt to the International Center so that we can make copies for your student file.


Follow the links provided to find the forms you need.

Tuition and Fees

We want to help make your studies at Pfeiffer affordable and accessible. Follow the links provided below to get more information about financial assistance:

If you need further information, visit the International Student Resources page for links to useful websites, podcasts and presentations.

Admissions Advisor

Mary Banks
International Admissions Coordinator
(800) 338-2060
(704) 945-7316

Coordinator, International Students Coordinator

Rebecca Hraczo
Coordinator of International Students
800) 338-2060
(704) 463-3368