Bachelor of Arts in Sport Management
Inspire athletes to dig deeper, push further and reach optimal performance.
Are you interested in working in sport? Our sport management degree prepares you to handle both the business and athletic sides of the industry. Potential settings for jobs within the sport industry include:
- professional sports teams and leagues
- sports marketing and sponsorship
- amateur and youth sports
- intercollegiate athletics
- sports media (traditional and new media)
- sports facilities
- fitness clubs
- ski resorts
- golf clubs
- parks and recreation departments
- equipment manufacturers
- sport retailers
- sport events and sports foundations
- sports entertainment.
Our curriculum requires an investment of a minimum of 63 semester hours (SH).
Pfeiffer University has offered a bachelor of arts in sports management since 1984. The sports management program is broad-based and trains students to be competitive in the multi-faceted sports management/sports administration industry.
Pfeiffer students also complete an extensive internship which provides the experience that many employers are looking for in job applicants.
Requirements for a Major in Sport Management (63 SH)
- SMGT 101 Principles of Sport Management
- SMGT 112 History of Sport & Physical Activity
- SMGT 207 Sport Facilities Management
- SMGT 208 Sport Marketing
- SMGT 241 Event & Tournament Management
- SMGT 300 Sociology of Sport
- SMGT 344 Global Perspectives in Sport
- SMGT 361 Sport Analytics
- SMGT 402 Athletics Administration
- SMGT 404 Sport Law - Senior Seminar
- SMGT 405 Internship in Sport Management
- ACCT 201 Intro to Financial Accounting
- BMAL 212 Principles of Finance
- BMAL 241 Marketing
- BMAL 251 Business Law I
- BMAL 261 Principles of Management
- BMAL 381 Global Leadership
- COMP 110 Intro to Computers
- ECON 200 Survey of Economics
- MATH 220M College Algebra
Total Credits = 63
Athletic Coaching Minor
The Athletic Coaching minor is designed to prepare students to coach team and/or individual sports upon graduation. Students majoring in Physical Education, Sport Management, and Secondary Education who want to coach in public schools are encouraged to consider this minor as an option.
Sports Ministry Minor
The minor in Sports Ministry is designed for students who love sports, who want to serve God and their communities, and seek to combine them. Sports ministry is the newest and one of the most effective ways to build bridges in communities. This is one of the very few programs in the country that prepares students to work in sports and recreational settings such as the YMCA and YWCA, church, camps, and community, and other faith-based venues for service.
For descriptions of courses, visit the academic catalog.
Pfeiffer University prides itself on building experiential learning into the curriculum and encouraging students to participate in real world opportunities to practice the material they learn in lecture halls. The university’s central location allows sport management majors the opportunity to participate in a wide variety of amateur and professional events.
For More Information
Tuition & Fees
Accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
Ready to get started? Apply now.
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Have questions? Just ask!