Secondary Education Teaching Licensure Certificate
Invest in the future. Prepare a generation of leaders. Teach at the secondary level.
Main Campus: Historic Misenheimer
Pfeiffer’s secondary education teaching licensure certificate program, in the division of education, is available on Misenheimer campus.
The secondary education teaching licensure program requires a minimum investment of 38 semester hours (SH).
Core Courses for Secondary (Grades 9-12) Programs (24 SH)
- EDUC 205 Introduction to Teaching
- EDUC 225 Educational Technology
- EDUC 306 Learner & Learning I - Secondary
- EDUC 321 Problems & Research in Education
- EDUC 322 Diversity in Education
- EDUC 517 Student Teaching - Secondary
Specialty Studies (11 SH)
- EDUC 308 Learner & Learning II - Secondary
- EDUC 434 Secondary Methods Lab
- EDUC 460 Senior Seminar & Field Experience
- Plus one of the following:
- EDUC 433 Materials & Methods - Secondary
- EDUC 436 Science Methods for Secondary Teachers
- EDUC 437 Social Studies Methods for Secondary Teachers
- EDUC 438 English Methods for Secondary Teachers
- EDUC 439 Mathematics Methods for Secondary Teachers
For descriptions of courses, visit the academic catalog.
Division of Education Information
Visit the division of education page to find out more information about:
- Application for admission to the education program
- Student teaching
- Pfeiffer’s AIG (academically and intellectually gifted) add-on licensure program
- Education-specific scholarship programs
- Pfeiffer University’s CAEP National Accreditation (through 2021)
Tuition & Fees
Do you want to be a high school teacher? Pfeiffer University has a 93 percent placement rate for graduates entering teaching careers. Get the education and experience you need through Pfeiffer’s teaching certification program. Enter the workforce completely prepared.
Ready to get started? Apply now.
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Have questions? Just ask!
Majors: Comprehensive Science, English, Mathematics, History (Social Studies teaching licensure track)
Minors: Secondary Education