Grow into a leader who ignites healthy change.
Gain the leadership and interpersonal skills to direct and develop human resources, including conflict resolution, group dynamics and diversity management through Pfeiffer’s joint degree master of health administration and master of science in leadership (MHA/MSL) program.
The dual degree program is carefully designed to encompass all sectors of healthcare, including:
- Ambulatory care
- Mental health
- Public health
- Practice management
- Government policy
- Long term care
- Managed care
Through a combination of lecture, small group study and case study review, classes help you identify and solve managerial problems in real business contexts.
Program highlights include international study opportunities in Europe, Africa or Canada.
Classes are offered on the Charlotte and Raleigh-Durham campuses as well as online, making this program ideal for working professionals.
To earn a Pfeiffer MHA/MSL joint degree, you must complete 63 semester hours (SH) from the MHA and MSL program curriculums as detailed below.
MHA Curriculum (33 SH)
All MHA/MSL students must satisfactorily complete an eleven-course core health service curriculum which includes:
- MBA 701 Organizational Communications
- MHA 710 Contemporary Health Administration
- MHA 715 Legal and Ethical Perspectives in Health Administration
- MHA 725 Health Services Policy
- MHA 730 Health Economics
- MHA 735 Health Services Information Management
- MHA 737 Health Services Marketing
- MHA 740 Health Services Financial Management
- MHA 776 Comparative International Health, or
- MHA 777 Comparative International Study
- MHA 790 Practicum in Health Administration, or
- MHA 795 Applied Research in Health Administration
- MHA 799 Strategic Health Services Management
MSL Curriculum (21 SH)
All MHA/MSL students must satisfactorily complete a seven-course core leadership and change curriculum which includes:
- MSL 702 Organizational Behavior
- MSL 710 Effective Leadership
- MSL 712 Ethical Behavior and Employment Law
- MSL 715 Critical Thinking for Continuous Improvement, or
- MSL 720 Managing a Diverse Workforce
- MSL 740 Negotiations and Conflict Resolution
- MSL 750 Organizational Change Management
- MSL 751 Strategies for Building High Performance Organizations and Teams
For descriptions of courses, visit the academic catalog.
- A completed Pfeiffer University graduate application for admission
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university with a satisfactory grade point average
- Satisfactory undergraduate prerequisite requirements
- Official transcripts from all colleges or universities previously attended
- Three letters of recommendation
- Satisfactory completion of one of the following:
- Miller Analogies Test (MAT)
- Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT)
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or other standardized graduate admissions test
- (This requirement is waived for applicants with a graduate degree from an accredited institution.)
Tuition & Fees
Are you interested in a leadership position in health care, public administration, education or public safety? How about public policy? Pfeiffer’s MHA/MSL degree prepares you for any of these positions, opening your future to a wide range of possibilities.
Ready to get started? Apply now.
Graduate and Degree Completion Enrollment
Have questions? Just ask!