Lead by example. Motivate your colleagues. Direct your team.
The master of business administration/master of science in leadership joint degree program is specifically designed to integrate key elements from both existing programs, providing a new degree option for students.
The primary focus of most existing MBA programs is to deliver an overall understanding of the key functional areas of an organization with a heavy emphasis on systems and quantitative approaches. As such, most MBA programs do not provide an adequate understanding of human behavior or the leadership that drives an organization.
Today’s organizations are increasingly global, diverse and competitive. It’s critical that managers increase their knowledge and skill in managing an organization's human resources and their ability to develop high performance organizations and teams.
This dual degree program is designed to provide you with the best of both worlds, i.e., a solid background in the key functional areas of an organization, coupled with a major focus on effective leadership and change management knowledge and skill.
With classes offered at our convenient Charlotte and Raleigh-Durham campuses as well as online, this program is ideal for working professionals.
To earn a Pfeiffer MBA/MSL joint degree, you must complete 54 semester hours (SH), which generally takes 30-36 months.
MBA Curriculum (27 SH)
- MBA 701 Organizational Communications
- MSL 702 Organizational Behavior
- MBA 704 Managerial Accounting
- MBA 705 Economics for Leadership
- MBA 706 Managerial Finance
- MBA 707 Marketing Management
- MBA 799 Strategic Management
- MBA 711 Operations Management, or MBA 730 International Business or MBA 776 International Experience
- MBA 740 Legal and Ethical Environment of Business or Law Elective
MSL Curriculum (27 SH)
- MSL 710 Effective Leadership
- MSL 712 Ethical Behavior and Employment Law
- MSL 715 Critical Thinking for Continuous Improvement, or MSL 720 Managing a Diverse Workforce
- MSL 730 Human Resources Management, or MSL 731 Human Resource Development
- MSL 740 Negotiations and Conflict Resolution
- MSL 750 Organizational Change Management
- MSL 751 Strategies for Building High Performance Organizations and Teams
- MSL (six elective hours from any other MSL course or another course from the MBA curriculum with the approval of the program director)
For descriptions of courses, visit the academic catalog.
Admission is granted MBA/MSL applicants who satisfy ALL of the criteria stated below:
- An earned baccalaureate degree with a satisfactory grade point average (GPA) from an accredited college or university.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Satisfaction of undergraduate prerequisite requirements.
- Satisfactory completion of either (1) the Miller Analogies Test (MAT), (2) Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT), (3) Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or of another standardized graduate admissions test. This requirement is waived for applicants when they demonstrate an undergraduate GPA of at least 2.8 (on a 4.0 scale) and have at least 5-7 years of relevant work experience as documented with a professional resume. This requirement is also waived for applicants with a graduate degree from an accredited institution. The graduate entrance assessment requirement or waiver must be satisfied prior to beginning graduate studies.
Students may be accepted into the program and will have until the end of the first year of graduate study to satisfy the undergraduate prerequisite. Core courses (other than MBA 701 and MSL 702) may not be taken until all required prerequisites have been met. All other admission requirements must be satisfied prior to beginning graduate level courses.
Tuition & Fees
Are you interested in a leadership position in a corporation, public administration or public policy? Our MBA/MHA degree prepares you for any of these positions, opening your future to a wide range of possibilities.
Ready to get started? Apply now.
Graduate and Degree Completion Enrollment
Have questions? Just ask!