Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Take charge. Inspire positive change. Become a leader.
Becoming an effective manager requires skillful direction of people, information, financial resources and change. Pfeiffer’s master of business administration (MBA) program offers the professional training and personalized guidance you need to build this skill set. An optional concentration in human resource management combines the mastery of business knowledge with advanced study of behavioral science. Together, these approaches prepare you to optimize performance levels.
Our MBA program can generally be completed in two years or less. Set your own pace through our flexible classroom scheduling and online course offerings. Our instructors use lecture and small group study as well as the case-study method, which teaches you to identify and solve managerial problems in real business contexts.
Investigate our study abroad opportunities in Europe, the United Kingdom and Canada if you are interested in exposure to international business practices.
Charlotte Business Journal ranked Pfeiffer University’s MBA program as the fourth largest in the state. The MBA program, in the division of business, is available online and at the Charlotte and Raleigh-Durham campuses. You can complete this degree entirely online if desired.
This degree program requires 36 semester hours. If you are interested in pursuing a joint degree, follow the links provided below to learn more:
- MBA 701 Organizational Communications
- MBA 703 Quantitative Decision Making
- MBA 704 Managerial Accounting
- MBA 705 Economics for Leadership
- MBA 706 Managerial Finance
- MBA 707 Marketing Management
- MBA 740 Legal and Ethical Environment of Business
- MBA 799 Strategic Management and Leadership
- MSL 702 Organizational Behavior
Optional concentrations require MBA core courses plus the following concentration requirements:
MBA: Human Resources Management
- MSL 710 Effective Leadership
- MSL 730 Human Resource Management
- MSL 750 Organizational Change Management
MBA: International Studies
- MBA 730 International Business
- MBA 794 Comparative International Business Law
- MBA 776 MBA International Experience, or
- MSL 735 International Human Resource Management
- MBA 710 Effective Leadership
- MBA 740 Negotiations and Conflict Resolution
- MSL 750 Organizational Change Management
MBA: Financial Fraud Investigations
- FFI 701 Internal Controls & Corporate Governance
- FFI 702 Fraud and the Law
- FFI 725 Contemporary Issues in Forensic Accounting Theory
For descriptions of courses, visit the academic catalog.
Earn your bachelor’s and master’s degree in five years. Motivated undergraduate students should consider our 3/2 program.
- A completed Pfeiffer University graduate application for admission.
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university with a satisfactory grade point average
- Satisfactory undergraduate prerequisite requirements
- Official transcripts from all colleges or universities previously attended
- Three letters of recommendation
- Satisfactory completion of one of the following:
- Miller Analogies Test (MAT)
- Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT)
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or other standardized graduate admissions test
- (This requirement is waived for applicants with a graduate degree from an accredited institution.)
Prerequisite competence at the undergraduate level is required for several courses in the MBA curriculum. Documentation of study and/or applied knowledge is required for:
- Accounting I and Accounting II
- Microeconomics and Macroeconomics
- Math and Statistics
Students who have not satisfied prerequisite requirements may be admitted to the program on a provisional basis. Pfeiffer offers flexible alternatives to satisfy these prerequisites.
It is expected that students who enter the MBA program have a working knowledge of commonly used computer programs involving word processing, database and spreadsheet software. It is also recommended that each student have an individual email address and be familiar with Internet practices.
Tuition & Fees
Accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
Managers play a vital role in a company’s profitability and viability. An MBA is one of the most flexible and versatile degrees, opening doors to a variety of employment opportunities. From CEO to management positions in just about any field, an MBA prepares you for leadership positions in business.
Ready to get started? Apply now.
Charlotte Admissions Advisor
Have questions? Just ask!
Interim Director of Graduate and Degree Completion Enrollment
Raleigh Admissions Advisor
Assistant Director of Graduate and Degree Completion Programs