The Clergy Health Institute at Lake Junaluska
Clergy members often lack the time or ability to properly manage their personal health and fitness needs, frequently leading to compromised physical, emotional and spiritual wellness. Pfeiffer University, AgapÃ© Senior and Lake Junaluska Conference and Retreat Center have combined resources, expertise and knowledge to introduce the Clergy Health Institute at Lake Junaluska, a pilot program to enhance clergy health.
What is the Clergy Health Institute?
A year-long program designed to address health and wellness needs among clergy of the United Methodist denomination. It includes:
- 10-night retreat at Lake Junaluska Conference and Retreat in the Great Smoky Mountains for 12-15 clergy members to come together for spiritual enrichment, leadership development and renewal.
- Three introductory sessions available: May 18-28 (Deadline: March 14), July 14-23 (Deadline: May 16) and July 28-Aug.6 (Deadline: May 30).
- Sessions on improving nutrition and eating behaviors, food shopping and preparation, stress management, occupational relationships, family and social relationships, emotional wellness and physical fitness.
- Fitness assessments and guided exercise sessions at the Pfeiffer University-AgapÃ© Senior Fitness and Wellness Center.
- Monthly follow-up sessions; quarterly on-campus sessions (Pfeiffer/Misenheimer campus); certificate ceremony at conclusion of year-long program (Pfeiffer/Charlotte campus).
Fees and Scholarship Assistance
Participation for the year-long experience is $2,700. Scholarship assistance is available for qualified participants.