Rev. Kathleen Kilbourne
Director, Master of Arts in Practical Theology
Director, Center for Deacon Education
Rev. Wm. D. Aldridge, Jr.
Director of Admissions
Wesley Theological Seminary
Partnerships for Ministry Preparation
|Bruce Birch, dean emeritus
at WesleyTheological Seminary,
discusses Pfeiffer's partnership
in this video.
Beginning in fall 2012, United Methodist students seeking to complete their master of divinity degree can do so at Union Presbyterian Seminary due to a recent partnership approved by the University Senate of the United Methodist Church that includes Pfeiffer University, Wesley Theological Seminary and Union Presbyterian Seminary.
Since 2006, Pfeiffer and Wesley have helped prepare more than 100 United Methodist (UM) students for deacon ordination. Previously, those interested in pursuing a master of divinity degree beyond these studies enrolled in one of 13 United Methodist seminaries nationwide that offer full-time programs or one of the limited numbers of UM-approved programs offered by other denominations. Now, with the approval of Union Presbyterian Seminary Charlotte campus (which will move to Sharon Road in summer 2012), United Methodist students who have completed required courses at Pfeiffer through Wesley will have the option to earn their master of divinity degree locally at Union Presbyterian Seminary with flexibility to enroll in weekday, evening or weekend classes.
- ST 462 UM History and Doctrine (hybrid/intensive) - Jan. 6-10, 2014
- BI 202 Survey of the New Testament - Spring 2014 Mon. 6-9 p.m. Jan 6- May 5, 2014
- ST 202 Systematic Theology for Contemporary Church - Spring 2014 Mon. 6-9 p.m., Jan. 6- May 5
- CM 270 Evangelism in the Contemporary Church & World - Summer 2014
- BI 201 Survey of Old Testament - Fall 2014
- CM 251 Polity of the United Methodist Church - January 2015(intensive)
- Globalization and Mission in an Interfaith World-Summer 2015
- CH 201 Introduction to the History of Christianity - Fall 2015
*course available via adobe connect