Challenge Course/Total Team Experience
We offer both half-day, 4 hours, and full day, 8 hours, experiences to develop your team. These programs can incorporate our group initiatives (ground based), low ropes (ground based), Team Tower, high ropes, or a combination of the two. We feel that teams need to spend time on the ground developing their support and communication structure prior to experiencing either our Team Climbing Tower or High Ropes Course. Participants will leave with an experience full of learning moments, memories, and a keepsake from the Beth Haltiwanger Retreat Center.
Challenge Course / Total Team Experiences include access to lodges. There will be no additional Lodge Day Use cost. This provision allows groups access to refrigerators, stoves, microwaves, ice machine and fresh water. Groups can have indoor meeting space, break out rooms, and access to restroom facilities.
For pricing for your Adventure Challenge program, please call or email Quinton McKissick, Director of Outdoor Leadership & Recreation
To schedule your visit experience, please complete the Challenge Course program Questionnaire. All Team Adventure Challenge Course forms are due to the Center for Outdoor Leadership two weeks in advance of your challenge course program.
Please download the Travel Directions and What to Bring Checklist to assist you in your experience.
Experiential Leadership Development & Challenge Course programs
Directions To Pfeiffer
The Center for Outdoor Leadership is committed to providing experiential education programs using outdoor adventure experiences and experiential leadership development programs to further the liberal arts experience of students, faculty, and community members of Pfeiffer University. We provide diverse opportunities to expand horizons through personal growth, social interactions, environmental service work and environmental understanding.
- COL supports the University's mission of developing servant leaders by providing opportunities for students to serve as student trip leaders and facilitators, engage in service programs to take care of our environment and participate in experiential leadership development programs to educate members on the concepts of leadership, relationship, communication and team. COL fosters the development of leadership skills and outdoor ethics in student trip leaders and facilitators.
- COL is a resource for students, faculty, staff and the great Pfeiffer community to participate in and learn from various experiential education programs.
- We engage participants in the experiential learning cycle using hands-on activities.
- We engage people in meaningful and challenging experiences to address individual, leadership, community and environmental issues with a goal of increasing their capacity to serve.
- We promote environmental stewardship through the practice of Leave No Trace principles and an environmental service experiences.
- We attempt to provide safe experiences following the industry standards of Association for Challenge Course Technology, American Mountain Guide Association, American Canoe Association and Wilderness Medical Associates.
The Center for Outdoor Leadership is committed to providing experiential leadership and team developmental programs using outdoor adventures and challenge course programs to further the liberal arts experience of students, faculty, and community members of Pfeiffer University. We provide diverse opportunities to expand horizons through personal growth, social interactions, and environmental service work. In addition, COL fosters the development of leadership skills and outdoor ethics in our student facilitators and trip leaders through positions of responsibility and trainings.