Pfeiffer University News
Freshman applicants are those who have completed high school and received a diploma.
- Start / complete the application LINK TO APPLICATION. (the birthdate box on the online application is currently inactive, please skip this, we will get your birthdate from your official transcripts). If you do not want to apply online, you may obtain an application by downloading it from the main Admissions page, calling us at 1-800-228-1360 or (704)463-3060, e-mailing us, or write to us at:
The Office of Admissions and Financial Aid
P.O. Box 960
Misenheimer, NC 28109
- An application fee of $50 is required (non-refundable) - you may pay online with Visa or MasterCard at the end of the online application process, mail a check, or send a money order.
- Have a high school transcript sent directly from the high school to the Office of Admissions.
- Have scores from either the Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) or scores from the American College Testing (ACT) Program sent directly to the Office of Admissions.
Admission to Pfeiffer is selective. Three primary criteria are considered: high school record, SAT or ACT scores, and class rank, if available. Activities are also considered, particularly in service and volunteer areas, Interviews may be required in certain cases.
Requirements of applicants:
English 4 units
Math 3 units (including Algebra)
Science 2 units (including 1 lab science)
Social Studies 2 units
Foreign Language 2 units strongly recommended
- Visit Pfeiffer to talk with an Admissions Counselor, tour the campus, sit in a class, or meet with a Professor. Visitation times during the fall and spring are Monday through Friday, from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM, and Saturday from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM. Summer visitation times vary. Schedule an appointment by calling 1-800-338-2060 or (704) 463-1360.
- Upon receipt of a favorable decision, an advance deposit of $150.00 for all students should be remitted to guarantee a financial package and assure a reservation in the residence halls. This should be done within 30 days from the date of acceptance. Students under 21 years of age who are not living with family in the community are expected to live on campus. Deposits are refundable until May 1st for fall enrollment and November 1st for spring enrollment.
The GED (General Education Development) Certificate is also acceptable. Pfeiffer University is on the rolling admissions system but recommends that students submit their applications for admission by May 1st to ensure space availability. The deadline for applications to be reviewed for Honors Awards is January 8th.
Advanced placement is available if the student presents acceptable test scores on either A.P. or C.L.E.P. tests. Credit is also granted for acceptable scores on the International Baccalaureate Higher Level Exams. The Registrar evaluates test scores and determines if and how much credit may be granted. Prospective students may submit these scores during the application process to find out the amount of credit they will be receiving.
Procedures for Undergraduate Admissions
Transfers - Transfers are those who have completed high school and attended another regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
Non-degree students - Non-degree students are those who wish to take courses without seeking a degree from Pfeiffer University.
Readmitted students - Readmitted students are those who have withdrawn from Pfeiffer University and wish to return.
Instructions for Transfer Applicants who have attended another college:
- Submit a completed application form with a $50.00 (non-refundable) application fee.
- Have an official transcript from each college attended sent directly to the Office of Admissions.
- Applicants with fewer than 24 semester hours of transferable work should also submit an official high school transcript and SAT or ACT scores. Transfer applicants should be eligible for readmission to, or should have graduated from, the last college attended. Transfer applicants are encouraged to request advance evaluations of their transcripts to determine which courses will be accepted for transfer to Pfeiffer University and how credit will be applied toward either the general education requirements, the major program, or electives.
Instructions for Non-Degree Applicants:
Submit a completed application with a $50.00 (non-refundable) application fee.
Instructions for Applicants for Readmission:
- Submit a completed application with a $50.00 (non-refundable) application fee.
- If applicable, have official transcripts from each college attended since withdrawing sent to the Office of Admissions.
- Readmission is at the discretion of the University.
- Submit a completed application with a $50.00 non-refundable application fee
- If applicable, have transcripts from each college attended since withdrawing from Pfeiffer University sent to the Office of Admissions
- Readmission is at the discretion of Pfeiffer University
Are you ready to enroll at Pfeiffer University?
You've paid your deposit. You've spent many long hours completing the FAFSA. Now what?
Pfeiffer enrollment is a process that compiles all personal and pertinent information about our incoming students. This information benefits the student, providing accurate records for those involved in the student's experience at Pfeiffer, and allowing the transition from living at home to living on campus to be as smooth as possible. Below are the forms that we will need in order to complete your enrollment process at Pfeiffer University.
Please print the following forms, fill them out and mail them to the admissions office so we can complete the enrollment process.
For all Athletes, you must complete all forms including those required by the Athletic Department. Please click here to fill out your medical forms for the Athletics office.
- Move-in Information - What to bring and not bring on move-in day!
New Student Orientation
Please make sure you send us your final transcript
Please call the admissions office at (704) 463-3060 with any questions you might have about your enrollment paperwork.
*Some of these forms must be printed out and filled in by your physician; please note which vaccinations are required for our clinic.